iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

20 years

Started by yukon cornelius, August 24, 2017, 01:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

Today is our 20 year anniversary. I am so glad my wife decides each day to keep me around. Probably more days than not, it is a struggle for her  :D. I might be a little difficult at times. I am thankful that the Lord had her in the plans for me. She is such a blessing!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

bigred1951

Congratulations!! We are closing in on our 3 months haha

samandothers

Congratulations!  Time flies when you are having fun!

Magicman

Happy Anniversary !!!    smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

For the majority of the past 20 years I have been doing the sampler platter....
Past 6 though I found a Irish dish I enjoy. thumbs-up smiley_gorgeous
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

DanG

Congrats Yukon! 8)

We suffered our 24th a couple of days ago. When she got up, I gave her time for her coffee to set in and said Happy Anniversary. She said oh yeah. The rest of the day was normal. I put new blades on the mower and did a little cutting and we both took a nap. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

GAB

Quote from: yukon cornelius on August 24, 2017, 01:01:24 PM
Today is our 20 year anniversary. I am so glad my wife decides each day to keep me around. Probably more days than not, it is a struggle for her  :D. I might be a little difficult at times. I am thankful that the Lord had her in the plans for me. She is such a blessing!

Congratulations on the twenty years.
Concerning your statement about keeping you around - maybe, just maybe, she is silently working on attaining SAINTHOOD.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

coxy

8) 8)         ill be working on 17 years on Saturday       i never though it would last a year because i can be a pain ars  lets see if she takes me to dinner or if ill have to pay again this year  ;D

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations and hang in there for the next 20, then 40, etc.

For our 20th I got my wife pet mule. Must be a pet - he refuses to work. He was supposed to be 4 y/o and is now 24. Maybe he will still be pestering me when he is 44 and we celebrate our 60th.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawwood

Happy anniversary Yukon. you must be doing something right.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

grouch

Congratulations!

You've made it through the break-in period.
The next twenty is "testing".
If she hasn't scrapped you by then, you might be a keeper.

;D
Find something to do that interests you.

wesdor

Congratulations, sounds like you are both making more good decisions than bad.  We celebrated 48 in May. Hope you have as many happy days as we do.

WDH

I met her at the Pig Roast.  You should be thankful. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

Happy anniversary.  We just celebrated  34 years plus 4 years it took for her to learn how to cook.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

Quote from: 21incher on August 24, 2017, 06:23:55 PM
Happy anniversary.  We just celebrated  34 years plus 4 years it took for her to learn how to cook.  :)
it only took 4 years I'm doing something wrong  :-X

chet

Congratulations! Having met you both, I can see why you made it twenty years.  :)  Judy and I got 43 great years in now.  And she was a excellent cook from day one. 8)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

west penn

When we got married we agreed that I would make all the major decisions,  the rest would be hers to make.   Funny,, in 38 years there has been no major decisions!!

trapper

From what I see you two deserve each other.  That is VERY good.  Happy anniversary.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Cedarman

Congratulations.  Visited with you and your family at pigroast.  Glad you made it.  Interesting how you are making a go of it.
Jane and I did that in 1982.  Haven't had a paycheck since.  It can be hard at times, but I still love getting up in the morning to hit it and git it.  Good that your kids participate.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

yukon cornelius

Thank everyone! We had a good day yesterday. Now on to the next 20  8)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

samandothers

Yep.  We hit 35 next Monday;

Hard to believe!  Seems just a couple years ago we were leaving the reception in a Dodge Omni with panty hose stuffed with balloons hanging from the 102" wip CB antenna!

coxy

Quote from: coxy on August 24, 2017, 02:05:31 PM
8) 8)         ill be working on 17 years on Saturday       i never though it would last a year because i can be a pain ars  lets see if she takes me to dinner or if ill have to pay again this year  ;D
8) 8) 8) she paid for dinner last night  8) 8) 8) 8)

TKehl

Congrats Larry!

Wife and I are almost half way there.  10 years in October.

BTW, she said she really wants to go to the next chili supper.  I guess she's a keeper.   ;)
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!