iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bobcat A300, cannot get it into high flow for my new Tree saw

Started by MbfVA, August 23, 2017, 11:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MbfVA

I am told that this machine uses electric over hydraulic for functions like  engaging high flow.  Mine appears to be awol.  Does anyone have an easy idea from past experience on how to check this out? 2004 model machine has sat around a lot, if that suggests anything.  Fuses are OK.

I'm anxious to try out high flow with the monster tree saw that I bought from Dougherty Forest machinery.  It works pretty well on low flow,  so my expectations are high.  Thanks for any help anyone can give or suggest
smiley_chop
www.ordinary.com (really)

Stuart Caruk

Does it actually have a high flow pump? I have bobcats with and without high flow, the panels are the same for all of them. You can turn on the lights in the normal flow versions, but that's all you get. If it actually has a high flow pump, the switch controls a relay, that controls a solenoid for the pump engagement and/or the fluid flow. I've had the nuts that hold the coils to the solenoids literally fall off, and you then lose the function. Good Luck.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

MbfVA

i've seen those solenoids & nuts on its sister my 430 excavator, so I think I know what to look for. Thanks for the tip.  It does have high flow, bought it new with that, and I think I last used it on the 4 ft trencher.   The light does not come on at all.  I am sort of also wondering if the BICS might be involved,  which is the series of interlocks that keep me from getting hurt, right?
www.ordinary.com (really)

tawilson

Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

Thank You Sponsors!