iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Live Edge Spalted Maple Salvage Project

Started by Downstream, August 22, 2017, 10:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

Here is my latest completed salvage project and first using spalted maple.  Log was salvaged from local burn pile and milled on my ezjr.  From the outside it looked like a nothing log and then I cut into it and was pleasantly surprised.  The base is solid 3/4 inch wrought iron found during family vacation in Boulder Colorado a few weeks ago.  I rode by a yard sale down the street from my sister's house on my bike in the morning.  when I went by later that evening it was sitting out front with a free sign on it.  With a little re-arranging of luggage it made the trip home to Illinois.  I just love taking things headed for burn/trash and giving them a second life.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

SlowJoeCrow

samandothers

rjwoelk

Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

DPatton

Looks great Downstream. Nice find on the legs and I also like the book match.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Carson-saws

Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

sandhills

WOW  :o, did you realize I'm somewhere between Colorado and Illinois, you can just drop it off on your next trip it'll make more room for your next find  ;D. 

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Delawhere Jack

Nice work, all around. Shape, size, proportions, wood. That's a home run.

scouter Joe

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I like really like it.  That is an "out of the park" project.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!