iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

F-90 Prentice And A 863 Bobcat

Started by Autocar, August 21, 2017, 07:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I moved the skidder this morning to another job then came back to get the bobcat . Drove it up the lane out onto the road and turned around to back up on the trailer. Backed up to the ramps and the inter lock stopped her dead in her tracks. I messed around for a hour and figured I get it off the road then fix it and come back after it. Put chains on her then laid the grapple onto the cab roof and tried to pick her up . I could almost get her off the ground so I unhooked from the trailer and got the truck right along the side of the trailer. Chained her up again off the rear of the truck I picked it up then realized I could get it onto the trailer swung it over onto the trailer. I figured the bobcat was around four ton it surprised me to get it on the trailer. Brought it on home but haven't had time to see if I could figure it out. Typical  Monday this summer for me  :D.
Bill

AnvilRW

Did it still run and not move or just not run?  I was skidding logs with mine the other night and bounced it hard backing down the skid road and it shut off and would not restart.  No error codes.  Had more than a half tank of fuel.  Turned out that the incline was steep enough that when I bounced it, it sucked air into the fuel lines.  Had to do a bleed the next morning and it fired right up.  I've also had mine lock up because the safety bar was hanging up on a can of anti-static plexiglass cleaner that I use to get the dust build up off the windshield when mulching.
"A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us."

mike_belben

I dont have experience with bobcat interlock but on a new holland ls170 its a seat pressure switch and seatbelt switch.  Both are required to unlock the footpedals, which are achieved by a solenoid style pin that is default spring loaded into a notch in the valve spools.  Apply 12v to the coil and itll pull the pin out of the notch and free the pedals.  Removing them and plugging the holes works too.

Id guess theres a seat switch and lap bar switch on the bobcat but im just shooting from the hip there.
Praise The Lord

Autocar

It starts fine but won't go forward or backwards. The interlock won't release, I haven't look at it yet I am trying to get some of my jobs caught up from all the rain we had this summer and the landing isn't big enough to stack logs so I don't need it down there.
Bill

mills

Typical  Monday this summer for me  :D.

I know what you mean. Haven't had any major breakdowns yet, other than mental, but seems like I've had several weeks of Mondays since I started this job. One little agitating thing after another. But I saw that you put a laughing face at the end of your post and knew you were still having fun. Happy logging my friend. :D :D :D

mike_belben

Ive blown 8 tires in the last 30 days.  Livin the dream

::)
Praise The Lord

Autocar

Mike last summer was my blown tire year. I called road help three or four times in about two months at two hundred a call it didn't take me long to get all new drive tires. Hard on the pocket but setting with a load of logs along a highway gets to much attention from P.U.C.O. Have a great day and like some of the other guys have said Living The Dream  :D or did I mean night mare   ;D
Bill

lopet

Yup  breakdown happen, but what I found out as older I m getting is, that it's getting harder and harder to keep everything up.
Maybe I have just  too much iron now.  ;D
Good luck with your bobcat.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Autocar

Came home early and not so tired out. So I went and started trying a few things but no go. So I tilted the cab and then remembered about hearing a click down there ,then noticed a coil type thing so I took the bolts out and there was a spring loaded T bolt that when on it would let it move but when the 12 volts was off the T bolt would drop and lock it so it wouldn't move. I pulled the T bolt out and put it back togather and it works fine. Right now I feel I don't need it to lock up I suppose running a backhoe attacement you would want it to lock and stay put as you pulled the bucket to you. So I am back in business for now ,week gets better every day  :D
Bill

mike_belben

Oh if were talkin for the past year ive blown nearly 40.   I been called a lot of things but quitter aint one of em! 

Gonna build a retaining wall out of em for posterity sake.  "Thats how many tires i changed moving this family here (mostly in the dark or rain/snow of coarse) and dont you ever forget it boy!"

;D
Praise The Lord

millwright

If you have an older Bobcat, make sure you didn't hit and lock the foot brake

Thank You Sponsors!