iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 240A new home

Started by prezes232, August 21, 2017, 06:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prezes232

hi all again thanks for your advices before about 240a skidder today I  got my timberjack 240A paid 27000usd I has 6 cylinder deutz engine  f6l912 78kw but I will be swapping that for Bf6l913C deutz engine with 131kw soon . Skidder was park in side dry storage for around 7 years looks very clean only 699mth on the clock  :o runs like a clock but  I just have to service before I go logging tress I cant wait for take for proper ride  8)

Firewood dealer

You will like it except for a hot summer day. LOL.

Autocar

Bill

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

David-L

Looks very straight, never had any issues with mine in hot weather. Keeps the cylinder heads blown out and fire rings and base gaskets should have no oil around them. Nice find.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

loggah

nice skidder,but I don't know why you would swap out the engine? the 912 is around 120 HP and the 913 is around 170 !! without going to wider tires you will not be able to utilize the extra HP. a friend of mine did that engine swap in his C6D tree farmer and had a lot of rear planetary problems, that was with 24.5x 32 tires.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

prezes232

My friend has 240 with 913 engine  and Eaton axles and transfer box he imported that around 8 years ago from USA he never had any problems with Axel's or transfer box only he had issues with gearbox . Box got fully rebuild around 4 years ago and still working fine .He said that 240 is best skidder that he ever had. Very strong , very stable, and good diesel  In my tj 240 before I go logging tree's  a have to get few thinks done like  starter is getting stock sometimes looks like needs good clean or rebuild and also brakes pedal is very hard it my need adjusting .

Lumberjohn

Nice machine, my favorite was a 240A with the Cummins.

prezes232

Thanks also today I found that my central pins and bushings needs to be replace
They are very rusty , and have a play 😖
Do you have any good place do get tj parts

Stoneyacrefarm

Davco in Farmington Maine has been great to deal with.
If you can't find the info for them PM me and I will forward it to you.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

prezes232

I will try contact them thanks anyway  I will put more pictures soon  of my tj

Thank You Sponsors!