iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Todays rush project

Started by Larry, September 30, 2021, 10:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Near by their is a 150 year old 17,000 square foot Queen Anne mansion.  It's getting a face lift by a large painting crew.  I guess they had a little whoops with a lift and broke a porch column.  The column also had lots of rot so probably would have broke if a feather hit it.

This is what its supposed to look like.

I get the call to do something.......and make it fast!  Fast was the key word.  With a large crew of painters and machines on site they wanted a fix now.  The decision was made to just replace 18" of the post.  The bottom is 8" in diameter and I didn't have anything near that big.  Grabbed a bunch of 4/4 white oak and glued it up with waterproof TB-3.

The owner of the mansion was pleased and made me quite happy :).
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

chet

Looks fantastic Larry, great work.  But from yer pics I think ya made it upside down.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!