iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Marbelized maple

Started by woodmills1, December 25, 2004, 06:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Doing a job on some spalty maple I cut years ago.  Making 44" wainscote, 8' wall covering and a bar front and sides all    v match tounge and groove, as well as a bar top.  The maple is much prettier than I expected.  All of it is well spalted and much of it is very sound.  Add in the 50% or so that is also curly and this customer is getting the high price spread for low budget prices. The picture doesn't really reveal just how nice it is.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

sprucebunny

Good looking maple, woodmills1. What kind of finish will it have?

Marbelized Maple sounds like an interesting recipe.....light and dark maple cake???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

woodmills1

I don't know what the customer will finish it with but I will suggest just urethane so as not to hide the beauty of this stuff.

Marbelized maple cake would be a good food!
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!