iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lightweight limbing and small tree saw. Echo cs-310?

Started by tfox1994, August 16, 2017, 02:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfox1994

My fiancee likes to go with me when I cut up trees and I have been looking at lightweight saws for her to use for cutting small brush and limbs. The echo cs-310 looks pretty good, i was wondering if anyone had any input as to what is a dependable lightweight saw for small jobs and if anyone has a cs-310 if they think it is good little saw. Thank you for the response.

DDW_OR

i have one is my go-too saw.

i would rate it 9.5 out of 10.

plenty of power, easy to use, easy to change chain.

use non-ethanol fuel ! ! ! ! ! !
"let the machines do the work"

PNWRusty

Quote from: tfox1994 on August 16, 2017, 02:48:35 PM
My fiancee likes to go with me when I cut up trees and I have been looking at lightweight saws for her to use for cutting small brush and limbs. The echo cs-310 looks pretty good, i was wondering if anyone had any input as to what is a dependable lightweight saw for small jobs and if anyone has a cs-310 if they think it is good little saw. Thank you for the response.

A battery-electric saw is good for cutting small brush and limbs.

tfox1994

Do you have any electric that you would recommend? My dad got a greenworks one a couple years ago an in my opinion it is junk
Not enough power at all

DDW_OR

DDW_OR

DonT

I have a husky T536lixp I like it for tree care use.If you are buying one for primarily ground use,I would suggest getting the rear handled version.

Fishnuts2

I have 2 310's and a 352 which is the same saw with a little more power.  One of them is at the cabin where it is used for trails and maintenance.  I put a 12" bar and a good chain on the one at home here and it makes a dandy limb and trim saw.

ButchC

My experience with a 310 Echo is zilch but experience with Echo in general is that they will be a bit down on power as compared to similar offerings from others but dependability is on par with the best of the rest and they also start easier than most. If you depend on the dealer for service that's a big consideration for that type of saw actually bigger than any brand loyalty in my opinion.  Be sure to pick her up a pair of chaps! and consider a forestry helmet also.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Thank You Sponsors!