iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chisel Hammers

Started by Kbeitz, August 16, 2017, 07:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

Or Wooden Mallets. I did not have one...( none found at the junkyard)
So I made two out of ash...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Savannahdan

I have a couple that I turned on the lathe.  Noticed how banged up they are from use and need to make a couple like yours. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

JV

Nice mallets, they will come be handy.  I can't count the number of previously nice socket chisels that I have seen that were ruined by someone using a steel hammer.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

DPatton

Good chisel mallets indeed Kbeitz. I really like your handle design.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Kbeitz

Quote from: DPatton on August 16, 2017, 10:05:15 PM
Good chisel mallets indeed Kbeitz. I really like your handle design.

I know the head will never come off. This is what it looks like inside the head.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Magicman

I saw that the heads were glue-ups and I should have realized that you are smarter than the average bear.  Very nifty design.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

Quote from: Magicman on August 17, 2017, 09:01:46 AM
I saw that the heads were glue-ups and I should have realized that you are smarter than the average bear.  Very nifty design.   smiley_thumbsup

Thankyou... smiley_beertoast
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!