iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My mistake your gain

Started by Dean Hylton, December 24, 2004, 11:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Hylton

OOPS :-[  I just wanted to share a mistake made yesterday in the hopes it will save some one else hours of frustration.  I completely rebuilt a Husqvarna 266 xp for a customer and when it was all done i could not get it to idle. It would fire on choke and idle for 3 or 4 seconds and then flood out. I tore everything down twice and even ran a 3rd vacuum check on it. Finally I went through the carburetor (freshly rebuilt). I say finally because I have rebuilt close to 100 and never had a problem. I find them to be extremely simple so I never suspected it. Well guess what; not paying attention I put the gasket under the reed instead of over. I put these on the top plate holding it upside down and then put the carburetor on it to keep everything lined up. Just an over sight. A little embarrassing but if it will help others it's only at the expense of my pride. Merry Christmas every one.

Chris J

Not that anyone would ever confuse me with a mechanic or a technician.....but I find that I make the most mistakes on the tasks that I'm used to doing.  Guess it's sort of an autopilot thing.

Y'all be careful.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Thank You Sponsors!