iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My frustrating computer

Started by petefrom bearswamp, August 16, 2017, 08:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

This has happened to me several times now.
I am typing a reply to a post and all of a sudden my machine bails me out to my home screen with no way to get back into the response I have just typed.
usually when I am typing a rather lengthy post.
Any suggestions as to why this is happening?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Have not had that to happen since yesterday.  :-\  Sometime I can "Ctrl z" and recover it, but most times not and have to start over.  I don't know whether it is me or it. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Frustrating.  JMO:  computers and software have over engineered in an effort to improve them.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

florida

Pete,

I've had it happen many times on many sites. My solution is to type the response in my word processor and copy and paste to the box. Much easier and no risk of losing what you wrote.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

clearcut

Accidentally hitting Ctrl-W (close tab) or Ctrl-Shift-W (close all tabs) while trying to type Shift-W can do it.

Carbon sequestered upon request.

Kbeitz

I'm so use to that happening that I highlight what I'm typing and do a Ctrl-C to copy.
This way I can go back and do a Ctrl-V and paste what I'm doing without typing it all again.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

21incher

I think it is a bad internet connection by Spectrum that causes issues like that for me. Sometimes I have a hard time even getting into the Forestry Forum since TWC turned into Spectrum. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

petefrom bearswamp

thanks for all the input.
may lessen my frustration
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!