iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Best Cant Hook in the World!  (I know!)

Started by Jeff, December 24, 2004, 07:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Well, you guys did a pretty good job of keeping this a secret from me. Yes, it is the best Cant Hook in the world for lots of reasons. I'll keep it here and Tammy and I will continue to add signatures of forum members on it. Its really a special gift and we thank you.  

NOW!  I want the story on how this thing traveled around!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!;D

The "I know thread"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Bibbyman

Merry Christmas!

We got it from Horseloger and I took to Mule-man to sign and then shipped it to Arky.  I think I know where he set it and where it went after that but I'll let them tell the rest of the story!

Looks like a Three Dowg Night! :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

The doggies in da picture look like they are being restrained. Other then Scooter who was, ;D  the other two were getting head scratches which they will sit all day for.

Norm

Glad to see your UPS driver didn't snitch it for himself, mine was tempted. ;D

Merry Christmas

WV_hillbilly

I knew it wouldn't be long before Jeff was in the know . See he's a pretty smart fella now .  It is unbeleivable the path the cant hook took to get to Michigan and that Jeff didn't find out till now  . Do we have to go in chronological order as to who signed it when  ?  I only know about when it was in my possession .
Hillbilly

neslrite

Believe it or not DanG was the first to sign it.  He signed it down in Moultrie.  The Kiwi boys also signed it and some others at the show.  Captain drove it back to New England and more people signed it.  LogRite receives the tool and the team signed it.  Then off to Horselogger.  

As the tool circulated people were instructed to keep us posted so we could track the progress.  Below is the most interesting IM I received.

Hi Kevin ,

Horselogger should have the cant hook by now . I signed it , along with EZ , Shopteacher , Mtn Jack , Dugsaws , and Craigc90 .  It was on heck of a road trip . I met EZ at the new Cabella's store by my house . Then at 4:30 pm I left to go East  to Dugsaws   from there   I went north to Shopteachers , then West to Craigs, finally North to jack's at 10: 45 pm . I left Jack's and headed Southeast to the Pittsburg Airport to pick up my sister . Headed Southwest to home and arrived at 1:00.They all live about an hour apart .  I think the effort was worth it .  When I set this all up they all couldn't beleive that I was going to attempt this  in one evening . Except for some of the B.S. sessions lasting longer than I had planned  everything was accomplished and I got to the airport right as the plane was landing .  

I can hardly wait to see the thread that will come out of this  gift . It will be neat to see where all it went and how many people get to sign it .

Hillbilly

I want to thank everybody who helped give DABOSS a nice Christmas present!
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

sprucebunny

That's neat!
Good idea ;D
And all this time I thought that thread was just alot of hot air......
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

rebocardo

That is a nice looking Malamute? I love those dogs :-)

WV_hillbilly

Kevin I couldn't of had said it better myself .

Merry Christmas Jeff
Hillbilly

DanG

I knew that! ;D ;D :D :D :D

The cant hook's trip around the country got off to a shaky start, to be sure.  Kevin was gonna bring it to Moultrie, but at the last minute was unable to make the trip. Knowing that I would be taking logs up there for the Peterson Elves to whittle on, he asked if he could ship the tools to me, and told me of the very special one that would be included in the shipment. The show was to start on a Tuesday, so I took a couple of loads of logs up there on Monday. The UPS guy brought the tools while I was gone and left them in the driveway, where one of my dogs promptly chewed the end off one of the boxes. Of course, it was the box with the special, first ever, "ForestryForum Special" cant hook! ::) :-[ >:(  Fortunately, the chewing took place on the business end of the tool, and he didn't find the chewy and delicious rubber grip. That woulda really been a bummer!  Anyway, I put the 2 bundles of boxes in the back of the truck, and wouldn't ya know, it rained during the night and soaked the boxes. :-/  I says, "This ain't goin' worth a crap!"

Things took a turn for the better on Tuesday morning. When I arrived, the show was in full swing, and I was wondering how I was gonna get those two big bundles inside, as vehicles have to be outta there before the crowds come in. ???  I drove up to the service gate and explained my plight to the security guard there. She said, "Not a problem, just leave your truck right there, and I'll get you a courtesy car." Within minutes, an old guy in a new Chevy Avalanche wheeled up and took me and the tools right to the Peterson tent. ;D  I was feeling pretty important, with the best parking spot on the whole place, plus a chauffeured limo ride! 8) 8)

After saying our "Howdys", we finished ::) opening the boxes and laid out all the tools for display. I was gonna be the first to sign the special one, but that Tom, he's quick for such an old guy. He grabbed that pen like it was the last pork chop on the platter, and put his moniker right on the spot I had picked out!  That's ok, though. I'd be proud to follow Tom anywhere! :)  This too, worked out in my favor. We was figgering Jeff wouldn't be able to resist using the tool, and that spot would be right where he'd be looking. But now, it seem's the thing is gonna be a wall hanger, and that autograph up on the top-side will be out of sight. ;D ;D  Mine is around on the side where everybody will see it. :D 8) :D 8)

Merry Christmas, Jeff and Tammy!  I hope y'all enjoy having the Official ForestryForum Special Logrite Cant Hook as much as we enjoyed signing it and teasing you about it. That was fun. 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ARKANSAWYER

I come in from road job to find box at the mill.  Bibbyman had already called so I knowed it was a coming since I was unable to make it up to BAKER MILLS.  I knocked Wanda off the truck and tucked the cant hook under my arm and headed up to Bro Nobles.  He knowed I was a coming so the porch light was on and no shooting took place.  Got steak dinner and good visit then drove the 80 miles back home.  Mrs ARKY put it on the brown truck headed north to Iowa to Patty and Norms next morning.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Norm

Arky had messaged Patty letting her know that it was on the way, we got it in Friday late. Monday we packaged it up for Electric Al's place. Kevin called and asked how the box was holding up, I told him not bad considering how many times UPS had had it.

breederman

Now I know! You guys are great.That's quite a story :)
   Merry Christmas Jeff and Tammy
Together we got this !

kcpalmer

Merry Christmas Jeff and Tammy!!  From the Tates.

Stump Jumper

I was kinda shying away from that "I Know" thread because I didn't know.  But now I know and that is a wonderful thing that the Forum did for Jeff and Tammy.  :) :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! :)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

ElectricAl

The Big Brown Truck rolled in about 2:30 pm Tuesday.

Linda and I carefully opened the end of the box and slid out quite a prize.

Patty had called Monday advising us to be careful of the signatures.

We added our handy work, snapped a couple of photos and repackaged it.

On the road at 3 pm for a 45 mile drive to the UPS depo.

Linda stayed behind to sell lumber, so I could leave early. ;D

UPS tracking said it was delivered at 1:39pm Thursday ;)

Merry Christmas to all,
ElectricAl and Linda  :)

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Captain

To finish where DanG left off; a whole crew of us signed in Moultrie, the I carried it home to Boston, and met Jim Rogers before getting it back to LogRite Central.  The whole thing was kind of fun, especially at the end.... ;D

MULE_MAN

That cant hook sure got allot of miles on it alright  8) 8)

MERRY CHRISTMAS JEFF & TAMMY

Now you KNOW    ;D  :)  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Jeff

Well, I'll be bringing it our whenever we get a forum visitor and I'll probably take it along with me whenever I think there might be a chance of meeting one. Harold Bobo signed it last night. Member "Harold. Remember he brought the old hit and miss engines over for us to play with at the pigroast. He and wife Sandy stopped by to see Frosty on a stick ;D and to have a "spiced" eggnog. :)

EZ

WV Hillbilly messaged me and I called him to set up a time to meet at Cabellas behind the Big Bear! We met up and signed the Cant Hook, took a picture and BS'd some and drove the hour and half home!  Was a great idea and have been waiting on pins and needles for Jeff to get it!
Thanks to LogRight and everybody else involved..
Merry Christmas  Jeff and Tammy

Mr. and Mrs. EZ

craigc90

WV_Hillbilly showed up at my house later that day and I put my chicken scratch on it and took a few pics. Dan (WV_Hillbilly) needs some extra credit for this one he went way beyond the call of duty just like you do JEFF.Merry Chrismas BIG MAN. Thanks for the best place in the world to hang out and B.S.

Bro. Noble

That was a lot of fun-------not only a fun gift for Jeff and Tammy,  but a fun thread (I know),  and a good excuse for a lot of little get-togethers between FF members.  I sure enjoyed our little visit with Arky.

Merry Christmas everybuddy :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

AtLast

WOW...do I feel left out  :'(....well Merry Christmas to all....Sorry the "package" didnt make its way up here...well...I mean THIS part of Mich.... :-/

Furby

Well I didn't get to sign it either, but I figure sooner or later I'll make my way up to Jeff and Tammy's place to sign it. Unless they decide to head down this way for some reason. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!