Started by Jeff, December 24, 2004, 06:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Thanks LogRite!
Thanks Rust Reaper!

1st prize: One Can of Peas
jpad_mi
(I'll kick a little something else in to make the Peas more palatable  ;))

2nd prize: LogRite Cant Hook
sprucebunny

3rd prize: Two cans of peas
 WV Hillbilly
(again, I'll kick a little something else in to make the Peas more palatable  ;))

4th prize: A variety pack from Rust Reaper.
woodmills1

5th prize: A LogRite Hookaroon
BBTom

6th Prize: A Phone Call from Chet to hear what an honest to garsh Yooper sounds like.
OneWithWood

7th prize: A variety pack from Rust Reaper.
Slowzuki

8th prize: A LogRite Hookaroon
johnjbc

9th prize: A variety pack from Rust Reaper.
Brucer

10th prize: A first edition copy of Time Life's "The Loggers"
 ksu_chainsaw

I need the winners to send me the mailing address they wish thier prize sent to. Please use the contest address,

contest@forestryforum.com

P.S.!!!  I need phone numbers also!

Thanks everyone for playing along and Tammy and I wish you all a Merry CHRISTmas. :)
Contest thread
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Curlywoods

Congrats to all of the winners and a special thank you to all of the Forestry Forum staff for such a great forum for folks to meet and talk about Forestry related stuff and day to day happenings as well! ;D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Fla._Deadheader

:'( :'( Congrats to all the Winners. :'( :'(

8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Forgot to thank all the Sponsors that gave support to the best Forum on the Internet.  Thanks, Sponsors. :) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sprucebunny

WOW  ;D ;D ;D
That's great ;D
Thanks Jeff and LOGRITE ;D
And Merry Christmas everyone  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Norm

Congratulations you lucky dogs! Thanks to the sponsors too.

SwampDonkey

Congrats to all the winners and to those that participated in the contest. You can't go wrong when you come to the forum.

Thanks to all the sponsors and to Jeff and Tammy for making it all possible. May you all have a prosporous new year.

Merry Christmas to all :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

MemphisLogger

Congrats to the winners and thanks to Jeff for the hilarious and engaging contest!

I guess I'll just have to give myself a gift certificate for my Christmas Canthook  ;D
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

WV_hillbilly

HOLY COW  I WON.  :o

Thanks  Jeff , Tammy  and all the sponsors  .   One question Jeff,  are grits included with those peas  ?
Hillbilly

Jeff

Quote  HOLY COW  I WON.  :o

Thanks  Jeff , Tammy  and all the sponsors  .   One question Jeff,  are grits included with those peas  ?

;D they can be...

Bill Johnson

Congratulations to all the winners.  Thanks to all the sponsors.

And a special thanks to Jeff for dreaming up the contest.
Bill

OneWithWood

Woo hoo!!  I won sumpthin' :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D

Can't wait fer my grammer lesson ;D

Merry Christmas Jeff, Tammy and the rest of the Forestry Forum Family. :) :) :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

neslrite

Congratulations to all contest winners.

To make the LogRite Prizes just a little bit better, the winners will receive special Forestry Forum edition Tools and a LogRite hat. ;D

Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

fstedy

:) Congratulations  winners and Merry Christmas to all. Thanks for a great contest Jeff.  :)
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

breederman

Just got in from work. Congrats to all the winners and thanks to the sponsers. ;D guess I gotta buy my own peas!
Together we got this !

Corley5

Congrats to all the lucky winners and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!!
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

2bearslumber

Congratulations to all the winners!

Fun contest, Jeff. I enjoyed checking in daily. Sometime when I've got a few hours I think I need to read through the stories posted here. You're a great bunch of people (even if you do eat some strange things).  :D

Merry Christmas to all!

PS
What kind of peas are the prize peas? Green Giant? I just throwed a can of peas in with our canned salmon in white sauce,  (We call it "salmon stuff" and we plop it on toast) but I think they were just store brand little peas.

kcpalmer

;D ;D ;D   8) 8) 8)

Congats to all Winners

Kim

EZ

Congrats to all the winners and thank you sponsers. :) :) ;D
Dont matter who won, I think we are all winners.
Merry Christmas to all.
EZ

BBTom

Thank You, Jeff and LogRite.  I never thought I would win anything, just  enjoyed playing the game.  That hookaroon will come in handy, and I will wear the hat with pride.  

What a fantastic place to hang out.  
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

RMay

Congrats to all the Winners  :D

Thanks to all the Sponsors & Jeff  :)
  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year   ;)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

jpad_mi

Wow. I'm shocked that I won; and first prize at that! When (if?) my homebrew mill is completed next year, the peas will be consumed for lunch on the first day of cutting. Jeff, you better make sure that the expiry date on that can of peas is late in the year!

As others have said, it was a lot of fun to play along. Thanks to Jeff, Tammy, LogRite, Rust Reaper and all of the other forum sponsors.

Merry Christmas to all.
Jeff P. in Michigan

woodmills1

O boy, O wow I can't believe I won again.  I am going to get spoiled if this happens any more.  Congratulations to all the winners and thank you's to the sponsers.  Merry Christmas to all and to add to it this is a great place to hang out and communicate.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

slowzuki

Wow!  Step away from the internet for a few days and ya get a great Christmas present! Thanks Jeff for organizing the contest and thanks to rust reaper for sponsering!

Happy holidays everyone!  Be safe on New Years :D

QuoteMerry Christmas Everybody!

Thanks Rust Reaper!
7th prize: A variety pack from Rust Reaper.
Slowzuki
I need the winners to send me the mailing address they wish thier prize sent to. Please use the contest address,

contest@forestryforum.com

P.S.!!!  I need phone numbers also!

Thanks everyone for playing along and Tammy and I wish you all a Merry CHRISTmas. :)
Contest thread

johnjbc

Thanks Jeff, and LogRite. ::) Just got home from spending Christmas with my Daughter's family in upstate New York .
I never thought I would win anything, boy was I surprised  :o when I saw my name in the list.
That hookaroon will come in handy, and I will wear the hat with pride.  :-*
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

OneWithWood

Got a call from Yuperland last night.  I really enjoyed talking to Chet.  I hope my midwestern accent wasn't too difficult for him to understand!  :D  I understood yuperese fairly well, but then I have had some practice.

Thank you Chet for taking the time to call me and for being who you are.  It is just one more proof that this is the bestest forum in the world!!!!!

Again thanks to Jeff and all the admins for making this forum possible and thanks to all the members for joining in on the fun. :)
One With Wood

Jeff

Jest between you am me OWW, I think you get a pretty decent prize.

Kinda like blowing up the balloon on the clowns head with the water pistol first and winning the BIG Kewpie doll. ;D

GareyD

and winning the BIG Kewpie doll ...

In this case...wooden that be a BIG Yoopie doll???
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

OneWithWood

One With Wood

jpad_mi

I received my prizes in the mail the other day. Thanks Jeff!
Jeff P. in Michigan

WV_hillbilly

I got my prizes  in the mail Tuesday also . Thanks Jeff and all the sponsors .  My helpers don't know it yet but we're having peas  for dinner on Saturday when they come to help me .  :D :D  I might even have  them make the spoons to eat them with to keep up the FF tradition . ;D
Hillbilly

Jeff

WV_hillbilly

There is definately gonna be some pictures . i'm warming up the batteries for the camera now . ;D
Hillbilly

slowzuki

Well guess what was waiting at home for me today!

RUSTREAPER

I'll put that to good use!  I hear it is great from Swampy, the applicators look really well thought out!

WV_hillbilly

It took a while to remember where I put this pic but I found it today . It is of the prizes I won in the contest .  8)  I would like to thank Jeff B , the sponsors and the administrators of this fine Forum .

Hillbilly

Jeff

Yer startin to look like a regular old sawmill guy. :)

WV_hillbilly

I'm sorta like Bibbyman . I probably spend more time wearing bibs than jeans . I wear them atleast 11 -12 a  day at work . if you didn't see me at work You wouldn't know I even owned bibs .  I like them cause I can load tools in the pockets and don't show plumbers crack.  I sorta became one of the club  today cause I tried to saw part of the mill off . :o But that is in another  thread complete with a pic  .

In case anyone was wondering what  I have in my right hand  those are Official FF Whackulators .   They are really handy even though I only know how to use  the lumber scale . It has 3 other scales too . International 1/4 inch Log Rule , Doyle log Rule , and Scribner Decimal c Log Rule .
Hillbilly

Tom

Guard those peas with your life.  You never know when they may come between you and utter destitution. :D

WV_hillbilly

I'm going to feed them to the  help when they come to  offbear boards for  me,  to keep with the FF tradition .
Hillbilly

Thank You Sponsors!