iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Setting Up a New To Me Kubota

Started by g_man, August 10, 2017, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Thats clever on both accounts.  My bobtach handles pop up all the time but im always changing attachments anyhow.  And you gotta climb over them to get out so its no big deal to push em back down on your way.
Praise The Lord

g_man

I can't take credit for the vise. Stole the idea from GrassFed. Haven't seen him around for a while.

gg

John Mc

G-Man - I like the idea on the SSQA release hooks. I've not had one pop off on me yet. Probably unlikely with the bucket on, but with what I'm doing with the log grapple, I'm sure it's only a matter of time
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Piston

This is a very nicely setup tractor Gordon!  You do very nice work.  I really like that small work cart you have for your tools.  Your little projects show that you don't need a giant setup shop to do nice work, I envy that. 

The 'box' build around the filters is a good idea as well.  That is something I don't like about my HST Kubota, I have a lot of exposed hoses/filters under there.  I've been luck so far, but.....
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

John Mc

G_man - was that saw vise just an old stump vise that you welded on? Have you had any problems with it getting in the way or snagging on things, or is the location protected enough to avoid problems? I'm thinking of doing the same on my tractor, but space is a bit cramped.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

g_man

Right, just a stump vise with a busted prong. So far I haven't mangled it. Easy to fix if I do.  It is pretty much back out of the way from heavy stuff. Here is a pic of the other side, may you can see better. Huh - I forgot what summer leaves look like already !!

gg

hopm

NO MORE GRAPPLE PICTURES!!!!!
My will power and self control are low!!! ;D ;D ;D

John Mc

Quote from: hopm on November 15, 2017, 05:57:13 PM
NO MORE GRAPPLE PICTURES!!!!!
My will power and self control are low!!! ;D ;D ;D

Oh, wait... did you say NO more grapple pictures?  Sorry.

thecfarm

That poor little tractor has some weight on the front of it. Good thing it's a NH.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

Quote from: thecfarm on November 15, 2017, 06:14:56 PM
That poor little tractor has some weight on the front of it. Good thing it's a NH.  ;D

We calculated the pine log in the third picture at a little over 800#.

The American Elm in the first picture was about 1300 or 1400#. It was all it could do to lift it as high as is shown in the picture. I would not attempt something like that in the woods with this tractor. This was just moving a short distance across smooth ground to get it out of the way of a crew cutting firewood for charity (this log was among those set aside by the landowner for a later visit by a portable saw mill).

mike_belben

Dont wait.  You need a grapple more than the money. 

Praise The Lord

hopm

Quote from: John Mc on November 15, 2017, 06:08:52 PM

AND WHAT TRACTOR IS THAT......

John Mc

Quote from: hopm on November 15, 2017, 10:25:31 PM
Quote from: John Mc on November 15, 2017, 06:08:52 PM

AND WHAT TRACTOR IS THAT......

Its a NH TC 33D with a Woods 1012 loader (chosen over the NH loader offered at the time due to its greater dump and roll-back angles, as well as higher lift capacity), Sundowner GR40 grapple, a Uniforest 35E logging winch, and a few modifications for working in the woods.

Crusarius

After my mill build is done I will be building a quick attach and then some type of grapple. Maybe I need to quit my day job and go work for a steel company?

Thank You Sponsors!