iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ethanol free fuel

Started by trapper, August 10, 2017, 07:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

I like to use Ethanol free gas in all my small engines.  In gas pumps that have only one hose for all grades anyone know how much gas you get before getting the gas you selected?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

moosehunter

Pump 1/2 gallon in your vehicle first then you will only get EFF in your container.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Sixacresand

Locally, EFF is about 50 cents/gal more than regular ethanol added gas.  It is not sold very fast.  It is prone to have water in it from condensation    I buy it for my small engines but I inspect it for water in glass jug before putting it an engine tank. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

coxy

I was told not to use eff in anything that is fuel injected  :-\

gspren

Quote from: coxy on August 11, 2017, 06:56:27 AM

Why?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Chuck White

I use regular gas in my vehicles, because they are used daily, but in my sawmill, chainsaw, trimmers, weedwackers, I use the ethanol free fuel only!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

Quote from: gspren on August 11, 2017, 07:13:48 AM
Quote from: coxy on August 11, 2017, 06:56:27 AM

Why?
was told it does something to the injectors don't know never asked the closest station that carries it is 35miles away one way so I never have to worry about getting it  :)

Ox

I smell BS from whoever told you that.  It just makes no sense at all.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Gary_C

Quote from: Sixacresand on August 10, 2017, 09:24:53 PM
  It is prone to have water in it from condensation    I buy it for my small engines but I inspect it for water in glass jug before putting it an engine tank.

Without the ethanol the water is not absorbed and free water will kill fuel injectors.

That's why ethanol free gas is not recommended for fuel injected engines.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

69bronco

My outboard is ethanol rated, fuel injected. Been running non ethanol in it for 6 years now, runs like a top compared to corn squeezins. Ran ethanol the first year, ruined my e-rated fuel line.

Chuck White

:P          smiley_headscratch     popcorn_smiley    smiley_curtain_peek   
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!