iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another tool to help save my back

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, August 06, 2017, 03:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Just reached a deal with a fellow in Allen Michigan on this new toy. Its a Cad Digger towable backhoe. Has two buckets with it and a brand new ripping tooth. i figure i can use that ripping tooth as like a grapple to lift logs as well as to dig out stumps on our property. Hand little toy. I go to pick it up sunday

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Magicman

That looks to be a handy tool.

It was nice seeing you and Kris at the PR again this year.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Have fun with it.  I purchased a harbor freight trencher last year and it is real handy. Removed 6 big stumps, dug drainage ditches,  and am currently re-sloping my yard for drainage loosening about 300 cu yards of soil with it so my little tractor can move it. What a back saver.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: Magicman on August 07, 2017, 09:11:06 AM
That looks to be a handy tool.

It was nice seeing you and Kris at the PR again this year.   :)

Likewise. Always good to see you Lynn. You serve as a role model for us all.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

21incher

I looked at the HF model and it was a somewhat distant second choice. I even went to visit a fellow that had on and tried his out. I was impressed by its power, but concerned about the guage of steel used in its construction. I had read reports on line about how where the holes were that you insert the pins in for wheels and stabilizers would elongate over time, and sure enough this fellows machine had that problem. He solved it by welding washers around the holes top and bottom.

This thing is built like a tank. I did have a slight personal injury when i picked it up. Had to remove some hardware that the owner added so that it could be towed and he took a bolt out that caused my finger to get crushed between to heavy pieces of metal. not broken, but took me 5 days with an ice pack to get swelling down. Was a lovely shade of black and blue as well, but this tow has passed.

he gave me a brief demo, but i have yet to get in the seat and use it. Picked it up late sunday afternoon, put it in my building and had to go to Rochester on business for next 5 days, then had auction this weekend. Hoping to get to try it Saturday. Will let you know how it does, but have great expectations for it.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!