The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: New Cant Hook Grip  (Read 2364 times)

Offline breederman

• Senior Member x2
  • getting by the best way I know how
Re: New Cant Hook Grip
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 06:11:25 am »
FedEx is awful. They can't be bothered to put packages on the porch and just leave them on the ground by the mailbox. I'm not home for 2 or 3 days every week so they sit out there getting wet .
Together we got this !

Offline Ox

• Senior Member x2
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 10:23:56 am »
I've also had problems with FedEx.  They don't read the personal preferences where to leave the packages and I've had them left at the front door, which we don't use (it's obvious - nothing but grass going to it and no path beat down, anybody with half a brain can see we don't use that door).  Meanwhile, UPS has been the steadfast old mule that just does their job.  UPS for the win!  If FedEx keeps messing around they're gonna keep losing to UPS and the regular old mail, which is also good around here.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline trapper

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 11:06:12 pm »
FedEx keeps bringing us other peoples stuff.  3 maple roads in the county.
stihl ms241cm ms290  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Offline grouch

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm recyclable!
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 06:12:11 pm »
My LogRite arrived today!

Magicman:
Thanks for posting those excellent photos. Those are what convinced me to buy a LogRite and retire my homemade cant hook. Your photos let me see the tool as if I had it in hand and had my reading glasses on. :)
Find something to do that interests you.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 09:33:39 pm »
The problem may be that Logrites seem to be a family and are more content in the company of other family members.  It would be very difficult to own only one Logrite.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline samandothers

• Senior Member x2
  • Been learning on FF since 1/20/12
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 10:24:40 am »
Grouch, You will enjoy your Logrite!  Just ordered one!?!

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
  • Life is what you make it!
    • Dave and Joan's sugarhouse web site
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 09:29:20 am »
Like Magicman says, Logrites really like being with family, I have 4 and they always get along together well.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed,  Peterson ATS upgraded to WPF mill, maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 09:57:32 am »
   At the big Lewsisburg WV fairgrounds flea market yesterday I had 2 different sawyers say they needed to buy new cant hook handles from the local handles dealers there. I told them both to save the time and money and call Logrite and talk to Tammy. We wrote down the company and Tammy's name down so they'd remember. Hopefully they heed the advice.

I am not far from having to replace the grips on my Logrite too. It is very sturdy but with enough abuse you can tear one up. You can even bend one if you cut a big enough tree on top of it. :D (Still works fine though.)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"