iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Turbokerf blade received

Started by otherguy, August 21, 2017, 05:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otherguy

Just wanted to show the new Turbokerf blade I got from Turbosawmill along with the new pointers for the ruler.  Can't wait to actually cut with the thinner blade to see what it's like.

Here is a quick picture video of me talking about it.
https://youtu.be/SWiz-8xCCbs

But here are some of the photos of it as well.

New Blade:

New Pointer:  This is much better than the original.

MbfVA

Cost, sharpening procedure, expected life?  Can it be used on other saw mills?   I guess the question is will they offer it with other the bolt patterns?

Peterson offers a "micro kerf" blade for my WPF, but it's really expensive, more difficult to sharpen and it only cuts 6 inches max.  I think they source it with a US vendor.

Jake referred to replaceable teeth when he first put out the word about this blade,  replaceable mechanically rather than having to be welded.
www.ordinary.com (really)

NZJake

Hi MBVA,

We only make these blades to suit the Turbosawmill. Youve probably heard me mention twist and so on when sawing vertical cuts using a twin rail system. It's critical that these new blades are pulled straight due to the close clearance tolerance near the body of the blade. Any slight twist will feel like the blade is binding. With our single beam system when correctly adjusted will pull 100% straight allowing these blades to work as they should.

I have mentioned insert blades in the past. These are a little step back to the direction we've headed but do offer some advantages if kerf savings isn't the major requirement. These are available.
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

Thank You Sponsors!