iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very good Cantelope Pickles

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 09, 2017, 07:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

A lady down da road brought us a jar of her Cantaloup Pickles.....since we gave her some Cantaloups from the field.

She scoops them out into round balls and pickles them with some sort of stuff that makes them sweet.
Absolutely delicious!

.........I guess Raider Bill will be calling soon.  :D :D :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red

Wow you must have had lots of Male Cantaloupes .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

69bronco

Looks like my grandmother's (tounge) pickles.

thecfarm

First you guys have grits,now cantelope pickles. Don't see them this far North. Need some Moxie to wash it down with?  :D  How about some red hot dogs?  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Raider Bill

Put a couple bottles away :D for me.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on August 10, 2017, 07:15:11 AM
Put a couple bottles away :D for me.

:D :D :D :D I knew it.  :D :D :D :D

sawguy21

I would have to try them before passing judgement, I like cantaloupe fresh with ice cream. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Raider Bill,if that Haley shows up in my driveway,make sure you have room to strap a case of it on the back.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

You bet! Aunt Opal did the same as with many other fruits,, sweet canned with a hint of spice,, an art that at times seems lost and forgotten,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

bigred1951

looks good. Funny growing up nobody at least not in my family called them cantelope we called it mushmelon. I didn't know they was the same for a long time  :)

Thank You Sponsors!