iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've Got this Hammer....

Started by Percy, August 08, 2017, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

Does this magic hammer work on co-workers?

Bert

QuoteDoes this magic hammer work on co-workers?

While i dont actually own the magic hammer... Im going to say it works wonders on co-workers. May take more than one whack but you'll get what you are looking for eventually.
Saw you tomorrow!

DDW_OR

Quote from: Bert on August 09, 2017, 04:15:09 PM

While i dont actually own the magic hammer... Im going to say it works wonders on co-workers. May take more than one whack but you'll get what you are looking for eventually.
and a vacation to the slammer
"let the machines do the work"

GAB

Quote from: Bert on August 09, 2017, 04:15:09 PM

Just make sure you get it calibrated at a reliable lab before you use it.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

pineywoods

one place where the magic hammer does NOT work is on permanent magnet motors. I changed out 2 feed motors recently (2 different mills) from some knucklehead banging on the motor to tighten the belt. Then magnets are very brittle.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Kbeitz

Quote from: pineywoods on August 09, 2017, 08:35:17 PM
one place where the magic hammer does NOT work is on permanent magnet motors. I changed out 2 feed motors recently (2 different mills) from some knucklehead banging on the motor to tighten the belt. Then magnets are very brittle.

Sounds like you need some magic JB-weld.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

4x4American

Quote from: Grizzly on August 09, 2017, 12:30:37 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on August 08, 2017, 10:41:21 PM
Good ole back and forth wrench saves the day

Why do we all say it this way? Because you actually need to go forth before you can come back. No?  :D :D So then it becomes a forth and back wrench?  ;D We play with that phrase here too and we get teased mercilessly when we use it. Oh well.

Ever listened to some lyrics in songs?  They'll say something that rhymes or rolls off the tongue before they say something that makes sense...back and fourth...they cancel each other out so it's really a wash anyways, who cares where you started...should I have said other each?  The people that tease you about such a mundane thing, follow them out into the parking lot and see if they have to back out of their spot before they go fourth with their motoring.   ;D
Boy, back in my day..

tree-farmer

All tools are hammers except chisels,  those are screw drivers... :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Percy

Quote from: tree-farmer on August 10, 2017, 04:49:43 AM
All tools are hammers except chisels,  those are screw drivers... :D
:D :D :D Reminds me of this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bert

Great song Percy! Thats my neighbor to a T
Saw you tomorrow!

WV Sawmiller

My pet peeve (one of many actually) is the phrase "Over and out". I guess it flows like Back and Forth does but in proper radio communication Over means you are finished talking and expecting a reply. Out means you are finished talking and shutting down the conversation. It is never both.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Dieseltim

One fellow that I work with has a sign on his toolbox, " If I can't fix it with a hammer,  you have an electrial problem. "

Yes, he works in equipment maintenance.

Lol

scully

I have a full set of hammers . It's like a socket set only different . I have found that like sokets and screw drivers I can never find the size I'm looking for .
I bleed orange  .

Thank You Sponsors!