iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've Got this Hammer....

Started by Percy, August 08, 2017, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

that seems to have magical properties.......

A year ago the tilt function on my A300 bobcat quit working. Called bobcat with fault code, defective tilt actuator. 1000.00 Canadian they said. I thought Id check all connections and hook up multimeter etc just incase it was a simple thing. Bad news. Everything was as it should be cept the thing was non functional. I grabbed the magic hammer and gave the actuator a whack. It started working. I was happy. About every 6 months, I gotta whack the actuator with the "special" hammer.
Today I had to rebuild/patch together my hydraulic pumps on the LT70. Im waiting for new units but need to cut so, the one still functional pump wasnt cutting it. Slower than a stoned sloth. :D The one that died a while back was not turning. I had already determined it was the hydraulic portion of the unit as the electrical part was fine. Just a seized up hydraulic pump. So, after my earlier successes with the magic hammer, I thought, what the heck. One manly smack to the hydraulic pump and the unit is working like new. Im thinkin of renting this hammer out
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Kbeitz

Your not the only one to have one... They started selling them on E-bay...
The call it the latex Hammer ... $33.00 and $2.95 shipping...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

DDW_OR

just be careful how hard you wack a DC motor.
used the hammer on the blade guide motor on the TK-2000. it worked

later did the wack when i was frustrated and shattered the magnets in the motor.
"let the machines do the work"

Percy

Quote from: Kbeitz on August 08, 2017, 01:03:31 AM
Your not the only one to have one... They started selling them on E-bay...
The call it the latex Hammer ... $33.00 and $2.95 shipping...
I dunno....I think mine is magic......Id want more than 33 bucks for it  ;D

Percy

Quote from: DDW_OR on August 08, 2017, 01:08:26 AM
just be careful how hard you wack a DC motor.
used the hammer on the blade guide motor on the TK-2000. it worked

later did the wack when i was frustrated and shattered the magnets in the motor.
You have a magic hammer too!! Thats awesome. Sounds like it needs a little training(magnet thing) .   ;D

woodyone.john

Stoned sloth =wet week =forever,for some of us less patient types :D
Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

Percy

Quote from: woodyone.john on August 08, 2017, 01:54:43 AM
Stoned sloth =wet week =forever,for some of us less patient types :D
That would be me too. Stoned sloth and forever, I understand. "Wet week" needs some explaining.... :o ;D

goose63

I coulduse a hammer like that cuz the one i have hates my left hand  :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Percy

Quote from: goose63 on August 08, 2017, 07:16:20 AM
I coulduse a hammer like that cuz the one i have hates my left hand  :D
Ya! :D :D Left handed ones are hard to find.

longtime lurker

"If at first you dont succeed get a bigger hammer" as my dad would say.

Good old percussive maintenance - works every time except when it doesn't. ;D
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Percy

Quote from: longtime lurker on August 08, 2017, 08:11:10 AM
"If at first you dont succeed get a bigger hammer" as my dad would say.

Good old percussive maintenance - works every time except when it doesn't. ;D
LOL@percussive maintenance 😂😂

Bert

A hammer is always my primary tool. I reach for it first in most situations. Did i ever mention I USED to work on airplanes?
Saw you tomorrow!

Kbeitz

Never use force.... Just get a bigger hammer.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

campwags

How much to rent your magic hammer? ... My tilt is not working on my MF... ???   :P
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

Percy

Quote from: campwags on August 08, 2017, 01:16:30 PM
How much to rent your magic hammer? ... My tilt is not working on my MF... ???   :P
well if you come and pick it up, it won't cost you anything. You could be here in....a week if you left now. 🤓

SineWave

As I like to say, "If you've got a big enough hammer, you can fix darn near anything!"  :D

bandmiller2

A fellas bulldozer quit, he called the old mechanic. The mechanic wacked the final drive with a big hammer and handed the guy a bill for $300.00  The owner was incensed that much for one hammer blow. The mechanic itemized the bill $1.00 for hammer blow $299.00 for knowing where to strike it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Kbeitz

A man is in court for murder and the judge says, "You are charged with beating your wife to death with a hammer."
A voice at the back of the court says, "You bastard."
The judge continues, "You are also charged with beating your daughter to death with a hammer."
Again the voice at the back of the court says, "You bastard."
The judge says, "We cannot have any more of these outbursts from you. What is the problem?"
The man at the back of the court says, "Fifteen years I lived next door to that bastard, and every time I asked to borrow a hammer, he said he didn't have one!"
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

78NHTFY

In this neck of the woods, we call a hammer fixes things like that a "Persuader."  8) 8).  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

4x4American

Good ole back and forth wrench saves the day
Boy, back in my day..

Ianab

If it won't move hit it.
If it breaks, well it needed replacing anyway  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

bandmiller2

Mankind's first tool. In skillful hands can work wonders, unskilled hands wreak destruction. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SineWave

Quote from: 4x4American on August 08, 2017, 10:41:21 PM

And when that doesn't work ... HEAT WRENCH!

Grizzly

Quote from: 4x4American on August 08, 2017, 10:41:21 PM

Why do we all say it this way? Because you actually need to go forth before you can come back. No?  :D :D So then it becomes a forth and back wrench?  ;D We play with that phrase here too and we get teased mercilessly when we use it. Oh well.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Magicman

Nope, you (I) gotta go back to gain the momentum before I can swing forward.  The "taking aim" doesn't count because you didn't hit anything yet.    ;)

Now you went forth and I went back so the conversation is at least forth and back.  Let the games begin.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!