iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made a delivery

Started by Bruno of NH, August 06, 2017, 07:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Made a delivery today
I had a disabled veteran call me a couple of weeks ago looking for (90) 1x6x8 clear pine.
Told him a price and he agreed but had no way to pick it up.I agreed to deliver it.
I made (30) extra for him for serving our country .
He was tickled and I left with home made jam and jelly.
The house he was restoring was beautiful .
190 miles round trip and a new friend .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Chuck White

It's wonderful to hear stories such as this Bruno!

Thanks for posting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Savannahdan

Powerful.  I agree and also thank you for sharing.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

dgdrls

newoodguy78

Duramax3500

We need more people like you in this country,nice job!

Darrel

My daughter is a disabled veteran (aircraft mechanic, United States Air Force).  Personally, I never miss an opertunity to thank any veteran I meet.

Thanks Bruno.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

sawmilllawyer

Good on you for your gift. My son has been and is serving although not disabled. You make us all look good.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Chop Shop

Sometimes going the extra mile, or 190 is the right thing to do. move_it

Good on ya.   smiley_thumbsup_grin

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

69bronco

goose63

Thank you Bruno job well done 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on July 21, 2017, 10:09:36 PM
Our last visit (too short) in N.H. was with Bruno of NH.  Jim has a very promising startup sawmilling and lumber business and I predict that he will do well.  Pat and I both enjoyed visiting with him and leaving was difficult.  This guy has a true heart and I wish that we could have stayed longer.

Sir, it is my honor to call you a Friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Thanks for the kind words :)
I think we some times forget what these people go through . It's just a small way for me to thank them for their service.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

loggah

Bruno,your a good man!!!!Im sure you made his day.  Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

cutterboy

Bruno, you have a big heart. Your story has made me feel good.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

78NHTFY

Nice Bruno!  That's what makes the world go 'round the right way.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Thank You Sponsors!