iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can anyone ID this woodworking machine?

Started by Kbeitz, August 06, 2017, 08:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

Can anyone ID this woodworking machine? This machine came out of a large woodworking factory.
It's for sell at a place that sells all kinds of stuff. I'm wanting to buy it to make a large overhead
router out of it. Maybe that's what it already is. I can't find and ID or name plate on it anywhere.
The machine was with table-saws. band saws. planners. sanders. and all kinds of woodworking
equipment. 

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Jim_Rogers

That is the bracket for holding a power feed roller unit.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

btulloh

Is that another junkyard find Kb?  I can immediately think of 23 things I could do with that.  More than that if you give a few minutes.

Nice.
HM126

Brad_bb

Are you just guessing Jim, or are you sure? Power feed just clamps on top of a table.  What is all the stuff underneath?  The end of the unit on top looks more like it's mean to hold a router?  Are all the parts metal?  The parts I'm guessing are painted look like porcelain in the pictures.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

TKehl

The round worktable is throwing me.  Does it rotate?

Almost looks like the top stand was made to mount in a corner and hold a router with a rotating table.  Could me used to make rossettes?  ???

Looks like it could be used as a regular router table too if that fence on the bottom shelf were put on the top.  Table shows some light wear like it was used that way.

Either that or the heaviest duty record player I've ever seen.   ;D
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Kbeitz

I don't know yet where the fence goes. It's now  just laying on the bottom shelf. There
is two turn tables with it. One is mounted on top and the second one is just laying there.
I'm thinking the second one fits on top of the one all ready there. I will check that.
All the parts are metal and wood they are just painted ivory color. The whole top part with
the 3 bars slides in and out and nothing to lock it from moving. The large shaft swivels but
I think that it not screwed down tight so I'm not sure that it's made to turn. There is only one
large hole in the front plate that looks like it would hold a router. No small mounting holes.
This is not a junkyard find, but it's for sale and I think I can do something with it. I'm
waiting to see how much he wants for it. It's starting to rust so I'm hoping to get it cheap.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

JV

Any kind of markings, manufacturers plate, model number, etc.?
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

JV

Ok, with some searching and lots of luck it appears to be a radial arm shaper and dado unit.  Made by 10 Fingers Corp in Richardson, Tx apparently no longer in business.  Appears to used a Hatachi or PC router.  With the fence it could suposedly make tenons, dovetails, curved moldings, etc.  Apparently fairly expensive.  There appears to be a curved index in front of the lower table.  The other table fits on top of the one on the frame.  I'll try to get a photo.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

JV

With what little I can find it seems the Hitachi M12 router went on top and the PC 7518 mounted on the bottom of the table.  Not too much enthusiasm by the users that I could find.  But hey, if it's cheap enough it's worth a try.
John

btulloh

Could be one of those good ideas that looks good until you start using it.  Looks pretty good from here.  Probably hard to set up and only works for production.  Now we have CNC and other options.
HM126

Kbeitz

Quote from: JV on August 06, 2017, 02:18:54 PM
Ok, with some searching and lots of luck it appears to be a radial arm shaper and dado unit.  Made by 10 Fingers Corp in Richardson, Tx apparently no longer in business.  Appears to used a Hatachi or PC router.  With the fence it could suposedly make tenons, dovetails, curved moldings, etc.  Apparently fairly expensive.  There appears to be a curved index in front of the lower table.  The other table fits on top of the one on the frame.  I'll try to get a photo.

Wow... Your good. Even with the info you posted you found way more than I found.

Thanks.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Quote from: JV on August 06, 2017, 12:58:21 PM
Any kind of markings, manufacturers plate, model number, etc.?

Nothing that I could find...
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Jim_Rogers

I guess I was wrong, but now you know.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Kbeitz

I got it home for $150.00
More pictures to come tomorrow.
I can tell this machine was never used...
The holes are not even drill to hold the router.
Just wish i had the instructions for it.
Some hole need to be drilled to mount parts of the fence.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

JV

What little I could find indicated they were priced around 1600 dollars in 2004.  I wonder if they used a threaded bushing on the router to attach it to the arm instead of a hole drilled in it?  Or maybe a special router base.

John

Kbeitz

Quote from: JV on September 28, 2017, 09:30:48 PM
What little I could find indicated they were priced around 1600 dollars in 2004.  I wonder if they used a threaded bushing on the router to attach it to the arm instead of a hole drilled in it?  Or maybe a special router base.

There's not even a scoff mark on the paint.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Well after cleaning the dust off this machine I got to say that's its new.
No doubt in my mind. It had a bag stapled to the top that I bet had parts
in it. Maybe the bolts to bolt it together. The plastic protection it still on
some of the parts and you can see that no router had ever been mounted.
When someone put it together they drill the hole for the fence in the wrong
place. That's an easy fix. Now I need to but the router.

Whats left of the plastic bag.

Plastic protection film.

Router mount plate.

Extra parts...

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

JV

With limited information, I understand one router mounts under the table to act as a shaper.  A second router goes on the overarm as a radial router for radiused work.  Lots of possibilities.
John

Kbeitz

Quote from: JV on September 29, 2017, 02:41:19 PM
With limited information, I understand one router mounts under the table to act as a shaper.  A second router goes on the overarm as a radial router for radiused work.  Lots of possibilities.

It also has an extra turntable with it that I want to power with a gear motor.
Then I can rout circles.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Sure wish I could find some more info on this machine.
I got some parts that I don't know where they go...
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

low_48

That one part you have labeled as spare parts looks like the fence. It would replace that plywood with green laminate fence on top. I might be wrong, but looks a bit like a shaper fence system I had.

Kbeitz

Quote from: low_48 on October 07, 2017, 11:38:10 PM
That one part you have labeled as spare parts looks like the fence. It would replace that plywood with green laminate fence on top. I might be wrong, but looks a bit like a shaper fence system I had.

Yep... That part I understand... But I got two 1" shafts with a triangle flange
that I have no idea what they are for.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!