iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad day

Started by Bruno of NH, August 05, 2017, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I found out one of my friends of 35 years passed away last night of cancer.
I meet him in my jr year of high school he was my building trades teacher. He was the best teacher ever he went to bat for us guys . We were blue collar the school couldn't stand us.
He made us count .
He left the school and started his own company and I worked for him as a sub contractor on many projects.
His son and I became good friends he ended up dieing young of addiction to pills. I have never gotten over that because I could not help him :(
I have lost All the older folks that I could call for guidance when I need some.
It has not been a great year for me :(
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

GRANITEstateMP

sorry to hear about your loss Bruno
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Hilltop366

Sorry to hear this, he sounds like a great friend.

tree-farmer

The sadness of losing someone like your friend is painful, but try to hold on the joy of having known him. How you conduct your life sounds like it was greatly influnced by this man, so in a sense he will live on in the examples  you set for those you will influnce over your life time. That aside take time to grieve your loss, and honor his memory. smiley_cry
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

newoodguy78

Bruno sorry to hear about your loss, hang in there man.
Tree-farmer...well said

thecfarm

We all need someone to look up too. Just keep it on and someone will want to be your friend,
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Bruno,

Sorry for your loss. I had an old mentor my grandfather's age when I was growing up and still remember the good times I had with him and his wife. Nothing will replace your friend but I suggest you look for ways to pass along the values and skills you learned from him to other young people. In that way he will live on in the lives of the other younger folks you help train and influence. Every time you see someone else using a skill or showing a trait you learned from your friend then passed along will remind you of your friend and the good times you had with him.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

WV
I have always tried to take young folks under my wing and help them like he had helped me.
I try not to judge and have helped some become better people with passing on my skills I have learned from others .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Stoneyacrefarm

Bruno,
Sorry for your loss.
May the memories of your friend be always with you.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Chuck White

Sorry to hear of your loss, Bruno!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

I am also sorry for your loss, WV beat me to what I was going to say.

fishpharmer

Bruno, my condolances and prayers for you and his family. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Peter Drouin

Sorry for your loss.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

nmericle53

Sorry to hear about your friend, Bruno.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Magicman

I am so sorry to hear this Jim.  You talked about him when we were visiting you and loosing a friend is always hard.  Please continue to remember that you have friends here on the FF so always feel welcome to lean your head on our shoulder.  I appreciate your attitude about being that "older folk" and mentoring to the youth that you are associated with. 

Stand tall my friend, and stay strong.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

sorry for your loss Bruno

Busy Beaver Lumber

Sorry to hear of your loss Bruno
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander