iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Experience with Dyna Products Processors

Started by Stoneyacrefarm, August 04, 2017, 02:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneyacrefarm

Anyone have any experience with Dyna Products processors.
I'm looking at getting a processor and have seen a couple of these around at a couple of the larger fairs.
Pros and cons you have seen would be great.
Thanks.
Tom
Work hard. Be rewarded.

DDW_OR

I have a 2008 Multitek 1610EZ. about 1 cord an hour.
Pros:
Live deck
conveyor
powerful splitter.

Cons:
live deck too short, 10 to 12 foot logs
splitter is slow, but most hydraulic splitters are slow.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,93354.0/all.html#top
"let the machines do the work"

landscraper

I have an SC14 and I love it.   Only thing I have had to to is adjust the saw feed relief valve to get it to cut like I want, and it is pretty fast.  Splitter is not too slow in my opinion, I run a 6 way wedge most of the time and my logs run as big as 16"-18",  average is probably 14".  Realistically in good pole wood I'd say it would make 2 cords an hour.  With the mixed up , crooked wood I get 1 to 1.5 cords an hour.  It all depends on the wood.  Conveyor discharge height is a little low to load my tandem dump but it will load my single axle international just fine. 
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Stoneyacrefarm

Landscaper,
That is the same model that I am thinking about getting.
Ha e you had your machine for a while now?
What are your thoughts on parts and support so far.
Thanks for your input.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

landscraper

I've had it a year and a half - only "parts" I have needed have been consumables - bars and chains.  I've made 150-175 cords in that time. It's a sideline for me (just like my lt40) to get more value out of my land clearing logs.  The tech part of the manual is very well written, like I say I've had zero issues other than minor adjustment to the saw feed rate which I consider routine maintenance.  I keep the chain sharp and it will cut pretty fast if you keep the feed pressure up just high enough that the chain doesn't get "grabby" in the wood.  I've been very pleased with the machine, would definitely buy it again.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Stoneyacrefarm

I really like how the machine operates.
I'm going to try it at one of the dealers customers.
He is thinking of upgrading to a larger machine.
His only has 300 hours on it.
Thinking about pulling the trigger.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

GRANITEstateMP

Stoneyacrefarm,

One of the truckers that helps feed my little processor has one of those, only a year or so old.  I think he's got somewhere between 100-150 cord through it.  His has the 3 strand deck and gas motor, pretty sure it's running  a .404 chain.  He likes it, big upgrade over a TW-5 (for a one man show, heck I'd love a TW-5 to compliment my little processor).  Couple little things he said he'll change eventually, noting too big.  His is set up about a shallow pit so he can process into a tall sided one ton.  He said he'd wished he'd got the longer discharge conveyor.  If you are in NH, I do know a place that has one for rent, it is one of the smaller ones, but maybe worth a weekend???
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Ivan49

There are several in the area by me and I have heard nothing bad about them. They are made about 50 miles south of me and I toured the place where they were made. The owner gave me a tour and he is a very nice guy. They had an open house last Sat and I had something come up or I was going to go

dannyrc

Bought my dyna xp 12 in May 2015. Very good machine. It will handle 15" . I would buy another one next time also. Wanted to use it today, but raining . >:( . I didn't order conveyor with it, I would next time.

Ford_man

I have had my SC14 going on 4 Years. The first year I had a problem with one of the valves , I called the no. on the machine and the next day I had the new valve in my hand. that is the only problem that I have had. I got the long elevator and had them make the feed trough 10 ft longer. 2 strand deck and large engine. I can lay a 40 ft log on the deck and start making firewood. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.  smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley it to anyone.

Stoneyacrefarm

Thanks everyone for the good feedback.
Looks like if I can make the deal I will be a proud owner.
I set up a time to look at the trade in machine this coming Saturday morning.
Sounds like it's a quality company to deal with.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Thank You Sponsors!