iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

funny story

Started by coxy, August 04, 2017, 11:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

the other day when the control cable broke on the dozer I left my 4wheeler in the woods and drove the dozer to the landing this morning I went up to where the wheeler was and it was not where I parked it  it was about 30ft away blood pressure went through the roof wondering who the   new it was there after getting off the skidder and looking around its seems to be a mom and cubs from the size of the tracks in the mud decided to take it for a spin but couldn't figure out how to start it  but they drank my 2 bottles of waters that was on the back rack cant leave anything setting around if its not people trying to steal your stuff its the wild life  :D

Grizzly

next time leave the keys. if they get it figured out, name em and start another revenue source as performers.  :)

for the number of bears we have around here we have very little trouble. that's a good thing. or maybe they see the rug we got on the wall.  ;D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Bert

Had a black snake in the skidder the other day. Dont know if he was trying to make off with it or not but I know I got out of there fast. Did the bears drag the wheeler or knock it in neutral and it rolled back?
Saw you tomorrow!

TKehl

It's not just the wildlife.  Tame critters are trouble too. 

Dad and I were checking the cows in the pasture.  (Very tame herd.)  When we were leaving, the keys for his four wheeler were gone.  After a few minutes of convincing him I didn't do it and head scratching, we saw one of the cows crunching on something and would get a flash of the green coil lanyard.

Every key since has been tied off to something, even on the skid steer, if left untended any length of time.  "Just in case."   :D
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

coxy

the key was in it they just pushed it back    I know all about cows they ate my skidder seat one time they also had a 20a pasture and where did they all take a dump all around the skidder  >:( they would even eat the ash bark as long as it was fresh

Stoneyacrefarm

Ha ha Coxy,
My skidder seat has a big chunk missing from it due to my cows also.
I only had it parked in the pasture for a few hours overnight.
When I showed up there early the next morning one of the heifers was standing up looking in the skidder. Looked like we were rehearsing for a far side cartoon.  :D
As soon as I saw her I went running over there to move the skidder.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

yukon cornelius

That is funny!  It seems bears are a lot of trouble.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Corley5

Porcupines are really bad.  Logger here left an International Loadstar landing truck with a loader on a job and the porkies found it.  They ate all the radiator hoses, brake lines, wiring, worked real hard on the tires and there wasn't much rubber left on any hydraulic hoses they could get to.  The old truck never ran again.   
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!