iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna silver clutch cover?

Started by gman98, August 02, 2017, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman98

Hello guys, I'm having some trouble trying to identify a saw right now and I was wondering if you guys knew what models of husqvarna xp's came with the silver clutch cover other than the current production saws?

Thanks
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

timberjack 240a

346xp had them in the end. Not sure if others. Should be a tag riveted on just past the clutch cover behind the handle
When all else fails, cut it and see what happens.
2016 kenworth t800, rotobec elite, timberjack 240a, deere 450j, kobelco 70sr, mahindra 4035, to many saws to count

gman98

Quote from: timberjack 240a on August 03, 2017, 06:02:02 AM
346xp had them in the end. Not sure if others. Should be a tag riveted on just past the clutch cover behind the handle
Thanks for the knowledge.  Saw is in a photo, so I don't have the option to look for the ID plate.  Do you know if the 357's ever had silver covers?

Thanks
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

timberjack 240a

Not to sure about 357. I've never seen one with a silver cover. They may be interchangeable on a few different saws though. Hard to say without seeing it
When all else fails, cut it and see what happens.
2016 kenworth t800, rotobec elite, timberjack 240a, deere 450j, kobelco 70sr, mahindra 4035, to many saws to count

HolmenTree

The silver sprocket cover was on XP models.
My first 346XP had one . Also the 576XP AT.
You may not recognize the early 576 with their low profile top cover.

Those 576's were beautiful cutting saws!

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

gman98

Quote from: HolmenTree on August 03, 2017, 09:45:10 AM
The silver sprocket cover was on XP models.
My first 346XP had one . Also the 576XP AT.
You may not recognize the early 576 with their low profile top cover.

Those 576's were beautiful cutting saws!

Did the older style 576's have the XP sticker on the top cover?

Thanks

HolmenTree

You can just see the top cover to the left with part of the P in view. The XP on that cover was those fancy raised chrome emblems something you would see on a vehicle.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!