iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shingles

Started by Bruno of NH, August 01, 2017, 08:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Well now I got shingles
Fun stuff
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

coxy

I feel sorry for ya  my friends dad has had them 8 months now

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Oh NO.  From what I have heard, no one deserves that misery.  We are so sorry.   :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Furu

Did you have the vaccine?
I wanted to get it but my doc said it was not worth getting, that it did not stop the shingles form occurring anyway.  Even stated that it did not really even lessen the severity of them. 
The doc that treated me for shingles asked why the heck I had not had the vaccine. 
Then basically let me know what she thought of the other doc. 
Can't win.

Ed_K

No, shingles is not fun. I had them a few yrs ago, lasted a couple weeks, which I was told I was lucky. They usually last a lot longer. Turned my whole left rib cage red.
Ed K

Bruno of NH

I got them on my belt line on the right side of my back
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Brian_Rhoad

I've had shingles 3 times. First time was July of 2014. Had rash and pain on right side of my neck up into my scalp. August of 2015 had rash on right side of lower stomach and pain in lower right side of back. Permanent nerve damage in my back. Doctor has me on Lyrica for pain. Last year after Labor Day I had pain but no rash. I thought I had the flue. I was in bed for over 2 weeks. Went to doctor and he said I had Shingles again. No rash but the pain where I had it before. I was told you can't get the shot until you go 2 years without getting Shingles.

WH_Conley

I had them twice. The second time the Doctor asked me why I didn't have the Vaccine. My answer was the first Dr didn't tell me about it. As soon as they would give it to me I was there. Best money I have spent in awhile.
Bill

petefrom bearswamp

Hope you get relief soon.
I had, luckily, a very mild case about 6 or 7 years ago.
got the vaccine 3 yrs ago no recurrence so far.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Peter Drouin

Not good, Lets hope it goes away fast.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Larry

I had a very mild case when I was 19 or 20 on my chest.

Thought I would mention I had the shingles shot a few years ago.  Doc said it was pretty expensive but somebody picked up the tab.  Think it was Medicare part D but it could have been my private insurance before I went on Medicare.  Something worth checking into if you haven't had the shot.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WH_Conley

When I had mine it was $180.00 cash money. Figure a trip to the Doctor and the Medicine if you have an outbreak and you are getting awful close to that. Not to mention the discomfort.
Bill

Bruno of NH

I'm looking into the shot

coxy

can anyone get the shot even if you haven't had them   its like the chicken pox they say you can only get them one time bull crap I had them twice and the second time was way way worse than the first the bottoms of my feet still have scars from them  and time to time they will hurt like no tomorrow  :'(

Chuck White

I got vaccinated for shingles either 4 or 5 years ago and last year I had an itch on my right side near my first rib, that just didn't want to go away, lasted about 3 days, then was gone!

Got vaccinated at Kinney Drug Store and the cost was ZERO, only because I had met my minimum co-pay through the previous part of the year!

Glad I got it and feel sorry for anyone who get the Shingles, just can't be pleasant at all!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WH_Conley

I broke out in blisters from my back to my chest. Solid blisters, dozens of them. The weather was about 90 degrees. Trying to do anything with sweat getting them was pure agony. Just felt like on fire. When I found out there was a vaccine and the first Dr had not told me I was sure giving her a cussing. The pain stayed with me for weeks after they cleared up. I have heard of people that the pain stayed with them for months. One lady 2 years. I would advise anybody that has had the Chicken Pox to have the vaccine. When all is said and done they cost of the vaccine was Chicken Feed. I couldn't resist. :D
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!