The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Timberking B-16 rebuild  (Read 1648 times)

Offline crowhill

Re: Timberking B-16 rebuild
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 09:52:36 am »
Alan, How ya doing with that B-16? Did you really put it away just to work on the house?!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws, 26 chickens and Hereford beef cattle.

Offline alan gage

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 12:45:17 pm »
Alan, How ya doing with that B-16? Did you really put it away just to work on the house?!

I hate to disappoint but, yes, I really did put it away just to work on the house. But working on the house is no small project. New windows, rewire, new plumbing (including breaking up basement floor), redo two bathrooms, knock a hole in a wall and install header, new flooring, new cabinets. And that's just the house. Then there's gutting the garage to the studs and rewiring, insulating, and sheet rocking it to get the shop setup. Not to mention work I need to do on the outside.

But I got it to the point where it's buttoned up outside for the winter and I put in on the back burner for a while. Then I spent a week cutting down 20+ bur oak trees to get logs for the sawmill. Have about 25 more left to go. Don't know how many I'll get to yet this year. I need to clean up all the tops and haul them in a pile too.

I bought 5 acres of land where I can setup the sawmill, build some sheds, and store logs and lumber. Excavater just got done a few days ago working his magic and flattening it out a bit. Now I need to finish grading it, plant some grass, and start moving logs in.

Winter is closing in very fast and after work daylight is gone. I don't anticipate actually getting to use the mill again until spring.

Alan

Offline crowhill

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 09:04:23 am »
Been busy! That mill will keep pushing you to get the other things done, knowing itís just calling ya! When all done you can pull the mill out without the pressures of the house hanging over you head.. Good luck and enjoy the up coming holidays.
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws, 26 chickens and Hereford beef cattle.