iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things can happen in strange ways

Started by Nomad, July 30, 2017, 09:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Little over a week ago, my truck was hit at an intersection.  No obvious major damage, but the rear axle was shifted a bit and was it safe to take on a long drive?  Consensus was "NO."  Couldn't get it fixed in time so last Thursday I cancelled my reservations and the trip to the Pig Roast.  Was pretty upset about that.
    Same day I met my best friend for a beer.  He wasn't feeling good and left after one. He didn't show up Friday; not really unusual.  Didn't show up Saturday.  And didn't show up today either.
     Something's wrong.
     Called the police, broke in to his house, and I found him in the bathroom where he passed away 3 days ago.
     If I'd gone on this trip, who knows how long it would've been? Probably not until I got back.  I'm fully convinced things happen for a reason.

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Grizzly

You're right. It's not a coincidence.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

caveman

Caveman

Stoneyacrefarm

Work hard. Be rewarded.

WV Sawmiller

Nomad,

Sorry to hear about you losing your friend. Property issues can be replaced - friends cannot. My best regards and condolences to all involved.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

bucknwfl

Sorry for your loss. Our lives take corners that we don't fully understand but GOD knows and is always with us. Our prayers are with you and your friends family

Buck
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

samandothers

Hard losing good friends.  My condolences.

Magicman

Oh My, the strange twists that life takes and you are most probably the last friend that he saw before he died. 

This instantly carried my mind to Woodhauler and how quickly and suddenly we can be here....and then gone.  I offer my condolences.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ellmoe

Sorry about the loss of your friend.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

thecfarm

Sad to hear of your friend. But I am glad you was there for him when he needed you.
We never know why something happens in life.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

I am also sorry to read this, Bill. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ricker

I have always been a believer of things happen for a reason.  It's hard losing a friend, they are people we choose to include in our daily lives.  Sorry for your loss.

sandhills

You have our thoughts and prayers as well nomad, very sorry to read this as well.

DeerMeadowFarm

I believe things happen for a reason as well. Sorry for the loss of your friend. :(

coxy

Thank You Sponsors!