iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barnwood Vanity

Started by Brad_bb, July 30, 2017, 04:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

My first time building a vanity and I used white oak barnwood.  I selected pieces with quarter sawn faces for this project.  The end infill boards are not quartersawn but have a nice patina and circle saw marks.  The floor paneling and back paneling are 1/2" White ash that I milled and planed.  Most of the joints are housed, and put together with Kreg pocket hole screws, except the back paneling has a single countersunk screw in each board top and bottom.  Going to make the drawers from Ash and Walnut with hand cut dovetails with barnwood for the fronts and to two doors. Top will be natural face black slate.

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Bruno of NH

Nice work
I like the look
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

redbeard

Nice patina on the reclaim oak.
Good job!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

WDH

That is going to be very nice. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Brad_bb

Hmm, I spent a lot more time on it than $300!  Just picking out the wood and prepping it (not including the de-nailing and wheel brush cleaning) would have taken up $300  ;D
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Crusarius

Wish more people understood that. I had a guy wanted me to build him a gaming table. Thought I would do it for less than $500. he didn't like when I told him the tables he was looking at that cost $15000. That was a good price. He didn't like when I told him it would cost $7000 for me to build a basic one.

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!