Started by Magicman, July 29, 2017, 07:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Two fried Eggs over easy,
A pile of Grits to make it all come out even,
Two slices of Toast buttered just right,
Three slices of Bacon laying on the side,
A large spoonful of Rhubarb jam from thecfarm's wife Brenda,
And topped off with Strawberry jam from Woodhauler's Granddaughter.

OK, it didn't rhyme, but this wasn't a Poem, it was Supper.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

Leave out the yellow stuff and fry some spuds. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Buck

That feller there knows what's good!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

thecfarm

I betcha that Rhubarb jam made a beeline for the other side of the plate.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

couldn't imagine having rhubarb  or  that yellow stuff on my plate  steve_smiley   

21incher

I just had one of my grandsons for a week and if I gave him that it would make him cry.  I found out how picky kids can be. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sandhills

Now there's a supper of champions  :). Happy birthday 21, it's funny you mentioned that, my wife just put something on face book (I don't know how to put up links) about "if I don't eat what momma fixed then I don't eat", not sure that's quite the way it's worded but close.

drobertson

Reading this post brings back good memories, and some laughs as well. Growing up I watched all (good stuff) go on the adult plates, while I said no thanks,, Mom always laughed, she said well one day you will like it, for now its just more for us.. speaking of my Aunt, they put up and canned all sorts of goodies.  Well now the shoe fits and I laugh, Mom was right its more for us, at least for now.. Some young ones do enjoy what we like, but I'd say for the most part, their taste buds aren't quite yet developed..
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ox

Only grits I've ever seen are white.  And I love the stuff.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

Ox your just saying that so when you go south they let you in  :D :D :D

21incher

Quote from: sandhills on July 30, 2017, 10:13:53 AM
Now there's a supper of champions  :). Happy birthday 21, it's funny you mentioned that, my wife just put something on face book (I don't know how to put up links) about "if I don't eat what momma fixed then I don't eat", not sure that's quite the way it's worded but close.

Thanks. You can do that to your kids, but not not to the grandchildren that know you will eventually give in when you see a sad face. Chocolate chip pancakes with home made maple syrup get big smiles.  ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

tree-farmer

Only thing better than grits, is more grits (and a little gravy).... digin_2
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

samandothers

Ox

Quote from: coxy on July 30, 2017, 08:21:02 PM
Ox your just saying that so when you go south they let you in  :D :D :D
:D you rascal!  But nope, I really do like grits.  I like em with some butter and salt and pepper and kinda mix em with the runny yolk in the eggs.  Sometimes mix em with some syrup.  Grits are good for what ails ya.

and if ya don't like em ya can't be my friend no more!  ;) :laugh:
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

well it was nice talking to ya  8)

BradMarks

I too want to know about yellow grits.  Their white out west, those look like they might have more flavor. Always have to add salt and pepper, maybe a little butter to the white grits (I wasn't raised in the south ;D)

Magicman

Actually in the above picture, I was showing off the Strawberry and Rhubarb Jam that came from two special people while we were traveling.

Yellow Grits are simply made from yellow corn but they are hard to find, even here.  I have never seen them in a restaurant.

This is one brand that is available here.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MbfVA

My wife is from Richmond Virginia, and she loves grits, but she insists on our fried chicken to go with them now. 🐔🐔🐓🐓😁

And by the way, grandpa Jones and I had the same barber for a few years.  I discovered it by accident one time when I walked in as he was getting up. I asked the barber if he was who I thought he was, and he nonchalantly said yeah.   Mr. Dalton said he believed that grandpa Jones had looked as he did then, in the 1960s, forever.  Apparently he got the nickname grandpa from his grouchiness with other musicians.  I will always remember his schtick on hehaw.  My other half the grits lover thought it was stupid, but I loved it.
www.ordinary.com (really)

Thank You Sponsors!