iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blue Sawmill Update info please.

Started by Gundog, July 28, 2017, 05:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundog

My step dad went and looked at it today it is a Mini Mill MM250E with a Honda 13 HP engine and it has 27' of track and it is a ground model. The hour meter says 59 Hrs he says it says 24" diameter x 27'. I did a quick search on google and did not come up with anything yet. I was really wanting something that would cut a larger diameter log but I maybe able to pick it up fairly cheap. Does anyone know anything about this brand? Are they still made? Can you get parts? Value? He says it has always been kept inside and was in good shape as far as he could see. He took a camera but the battery was dead so I have no pictures if it is something I maybe interested in they can go back and get pictures. I hope someone on here knows about it.

Thanks Mike

Gundog

I think I found it after a couple searches it is made by MSG Industries in Spokane, WA which would make sense they are about 30-40 miles from Spokane. Anyone have one or ever see one? I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link since they are not a sponsor.

Gundog

I tried to call the company and got no answer and it said the voice mail was full good bye. I am going to pass on this one the web site says they are $7000 for a new one but with specs that are equal to a WM LT10 and no one answering the phone I would not be willing to pay much for it and since it is 7 hours away to just look at I am not going to make that trip my step dad said he had mentioned he would need at least $3k for it.

Percy

My late buddy Bill had an MSG, we called it the mono-sodium-glutimate :D :D . His was able to pivot the head so it  could cut forth and back,(thats back and forth, back and forth) ;D ;D. Bill worked it well and had some great days with it cutting WRC. Changing belts on the band wheels was a bit of a job as atleast a couple of pillow block bearings had to be removed or unbolted to change them. A pretty simple mill built fairly well by my reckoning .
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

47sawdust

There was a review of  the mill in Sawmill/Woodlot magazine.this was many tears ago.You can go through the back issues on line to find it. It was designed and built by a man with aircraft mfg.background.Personally the thought of swinging the head 180° on a continuing basis seemed like trouble.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

TKehl

Probably a good plan.  Prices have really come down for the entry level mills.  You can get a new one from one of several companies that actually answer their phones  :D for the about the same or not much more $.

Do keep your eyes open.  Deals do pop up.  I've been looking to add a band mill for a while.  Have a trade agreed on.  Will know in a week if it actually happens. 

How's your other business going?  Haven't seen you on in a while.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Gundog

Quote from: TKehl on August 03, 2017, 08:41:05 AM
Probably a good plan.  Prices have really come down for the entry level mills.  You can get a new one from one of several companies that actually answer their phones  :D for the about the same or not much more $.

Do keep your eyes open.  Deals do pop up.  I've been looking to add a band mill for a while.  Have a trade agreed on.  Will know in a week if it actually happens. 

How's your other business going?  Haven't seen you on in a while.

I have been very busy with my main business and had figured I would not buy a mill when my step dad called. I still cruise CL pretty much every day looking. I decided I should just buy a few slabs and try my hand making the stuff I had planned. I have a big CNC router that I wanted to make large rustic signs and carved table tops that was my plan. I am not sure I have the time to do that but my slow time of the year is just a month or two away. If I did buy one I was looking hard at the WM LT15 Wide with power feed but spending $10,600 didn't seem like a smart move for me so I will either build something or just buy some slabs if I take on that venture. I have a tool addiction so I really would like one anyway.
Thanks for asking I still lurk on here quite a bit. Mike

Thank You Sponsors!