iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Russian vacuum solar kiln we shall discuss

Started by serg, December 23, 2004, 11:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

serg

Hello. Friends! :) I congratulate with Christmas! But I want to ask you, where in the countries of the world annual temperature of 28 degrees Ñ? ??? If I shall make vacuum 0.04 residual pressure from an atmosphere that water will begin to boil in 28.64 degrees Ñ. ;) Means it is possible to use direct beams of the sun! In Russia there is no such temperature, but I have made in the south experiment in the summer. In the afternoon the sun, the electroboiler at night was included. Result very good. As idea to embody in Africa. California or in Bolivia?  ??? ???Sergey

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Serg. I am going to Costa Rica in January. The average temp is 78° F. The sun shines a lot there. I might get into drying Teak and Tropical Hardwood.

When my plans are for sure, I would like to discuss this "Sun" Vacuum Kiln. It would be ideal for us.  

I have learned very much from your postings here.

Thanks,  Harold                      
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

serg

Hello, friends!  :DToday at you a holiday Christmas! I join to you. I love America since 12 years. The mad, mad, mad world " :o :o :D looked cinema " It. Now I talk with you. I can shall drink present "Whisky" and eat the big American hen with the American friends! :D Fla I shall be glad to work with you and all to whom it is interesting. Sergey

DanG

Thank you for the warm Christmas greeting, Serg. :)  And thank you also for sharing your knowledge with us here. Perhaps you can come to America someday, so we could all meet you. :) 8) ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

serg

Thank for invitation DanG! Who will be in Moscow call a meeting! Work only begins! Sergey

Ga_Boy

Serg,

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.  

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

serg

Hello, friends! I looked on the satellite of TV. The world beautifully meets Christmas, all are joyful and happy. :) :D :-* We shall keep a wood, a nature it is human life, life for a bird, animals. If I shall be useful, you store(keep) a nature a wood, Russia studies to use a wood well. We shall learn others to store(keep) a nature a wood. That Global warming will be not dangerous! Life which Jesus means has given us has passed in the good party(side)!! Happy New Year you!  :) :D 8)Sergey

serg

:)http://kahovka.net/~newworld/thumbs2.htm  Doors. An oak. The south of Ukraine. 50 % of a solar energy vacuum. Happy New Year! :D

ohsoloco

Thanks for all of the Christmas cheer, Serg  :)

I really like those doors, especially the "fliya" "vika" "vesna" and "arbat"    That name Arbat reminds me of walking along Arbat in Moscow....this is the oldest street in Moscow isn't it  ???    Thanks for the memories too   :)

serg

Hello friends! I am glad for your good memoirs on Russia and Moscow! Happy New Year! :D

serg

Hello friends! Happy New Year! I have transferred(translated) a site to English. Interestingly look. www. vacuums.ru Sergey

bowlblanksandmore

Serg

How long would it take to dry 2" walnut with your vacuum kiln, and how many cycles would it take?

Thank you,
Craig

Your web site is very good.

serg

Hi, Craig! A nut 2 " or 52 mm humidity of 60 % up to residual humidity of 5-6 % land for 12-13 days. Humidity of 35 % up to 5-6 % land of 7-8 days. Drying passes at slow rise in temperature from 45 Ñ up to 62 Ñ With. Vacuum from 0.04 then 0.09. For 4-5 hours vacuum having warmed up vacuum I have cleaned(removed) cyclicities. All is simple and qualitative.

Den Socling

Sergey,

At 0.04 bar or even 0.09, there isn't enough air for convection (circulation). Am I wrong?

Den

serg

Den, hi! Movement pair is present at 0.092 bar, she(it) is slow. Registers below lift molecules pair in top, pairs turns to drops and is deduced from vacuum drying. Movement pair, by my calculations less than 1 meter per one second! I think that it is classics, an opera of drying of an oak, a nut, an ash, a maple and other woods. Fans will give speed of the drying, two days earlier, quality is three times worse!! I have drawn a conclusion and I offer speed to change for quality of a dry wood. Sergey

Thank You Sponsors!