iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw gloves

Started by upnut, July 27, 2017, 09:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnut

After reading up on this forum concerning chainsaw safety clothing I purchased chaps(Stihl), boots (Haix Airpower), and gloves(Youngstown/Kevlar utility) and have been satisfied all around. At $30.00 for a pair of gloves, I try to use them only when handling the saws and they have worn well. Still, they are used up now, time to replace. Was wondering what others use for warm weather or really year-round cutting.....here's the Youngstown/Kevlar: http://ytgloves.com/gloves/general-utility-lined-w-kevlar

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

sprucebunny

I buy Atlas Therma fit #451. They are warm enough for most winter work and bearable in the summer. Just a rubber dipped glove but they are tough, have good feel and enough protection.  I usually wash them 3-4 times before throwing them out. Around $45/dozen.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

upnut

Sprucebunny- I am enough of a clutz that the Kevlar is a welcome addition, handling sawchains, cables, even the dogs on the 241 can poke a hole in a finger....I know.... ;)....plus the knit cuffs are a problem to put on unless my hands are bone dry.

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Thank You Sponsors!