The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Read this before posting an ad  (Read 20984 times)

Offline Jeff

• Lead Administrator and Founder
  • Administrator
  • Proverbs 13:20
    • THEE Forestry Forum
Read this before posting an ad
« on: October 06, 2003, 04:35:48 pm »
FIRST:  YOU MUST STATE IN ANY AD YOU CREATE, THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF POSTING AN AD ON THE FORESTRY FORUM OR THE AD WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT NOTICE. PLACE THE NOTICE AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR AD

SECOND:  If you intend to list a mill here, once the mill is sold, you will be required to let the administrators know:
A.  That is was sold and when.
B. How it was sold.
C. Who it was sold to.
D.Edit your ad title to add "Sold"

No more of this "I sold it somewhere else, blah blah blah"   We have had many instances over the years where after the fact we found out the mill was sold due to it being listed here. Not paying the commission when due here is theft.

If you don't agree to these terms, DO NOT LIST IT. The only alternative is to first negotiate an upfront listing fee with us in lieu of a commission.

Note: If you post an ad, and it disappears right away, you might want to refer to the sentence above.

If you are very new to the forum, or have registered simply so you can post an ad, or have a very low post count a posted ad will be deleted if you do not contact an admin first before posting. Commerce opportunities are for established forum members only, simply registering does not make you a member. 

What makes you a member? Wanting to be part of this forum for more then just posting ads. Its pretty easy to tell the difference so we have placed some safe guards to help protect the forum from the elements that want to use us only the purpose of financial gain.

If you are a non member or a very new member and have a listing that you feel is of actual benefit to one or more of our members, contact me or another administrator and we might allow it or we may tell you what it will take before you will be allowed to use this section.

This area was created at the request of members. Personal property ads only. Commercial ads are absolutely not allowed. Before posting any ad you need to be aware that when one makes a sale through contacts (including behind the scenes using forum resources such as instant messages) on the Forestry Forum are required to pay 5% commission of those sales to Forestry Forum support in exchange for use of those resources that made the sale possible. For large ticket items, you may negotiate terms of listing prior to creating a for sale post. This is on the honor system. You can do that by contacting me with the link below.

HERE
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Bottle Washer.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
    • THEE Forestry Forum
Re: Read this before posting an ad
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:02:07 pm »
Please DO NOT post items you have found on craigslist or ebay or anywhere else for that matter because you think they may be of interest to someone. Someone may already know about them and you may have just screwed up their chances at a deal. If you found it, the odds are another member looking for such a thing has already found it as well.

Also, we aint in the business of giving free advertising to strangers.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 11:12:55 am »
The first part of the read first post has been amended. We now require you to include the following  in any Forum Commerce Area ad you create or the ad will be removed immediately:

I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of posting an ad on the Forestry Forum.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 04:20:13 pm »
Additional rules now apply to listing a sawmill or other equipment for sale on the Forestry Forum.  If you intend to list a mill here, once the mill is sold, you will be required to let the administrators know:
A.  That is was sold and when.
B. How it was sold.
C. Who it was sold to.
D.Edit your ad title to add "Sold"

No more of this "I sold it somewhere else, blah blah blah"   We have had many instances over the years where after the fact we found out the mill was sold due to it being listed here. Not paying the commission when due here is theft.

If you don't agree to these terms, DO NOT LIST IT. The only alternative is to first negotiate an upfront listing fee with us in lieu of a commission.