iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Missing calls from robo Joe on my cell

Started by Sixacresand, July 26, 2017, 09:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

I lost my Iphone while mowing grass last Saturday.  After a reasonable time of searching and calling it with another cell phone, I assume it has been pulverized and no longer exists.  Since It is only half paid off on the carrier plan, I think I will not replace until the carrier offers me deal.  Envidently, insurance you buy with phones does not cover loss:  Only earthquakes and zombie apocalypse. :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

paul case

Aint that a rip!
If you had only been chased around the yard by the almost dead, you would have been covered.

My oldest sons first cell phone fell out of his pocket and was mowed. He was the one mowing and he wasnt happy as he had bought it with his own money. He said it kinda came out in chunks.

We have had luck finding them after dark in the hay field as they would light up.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

clearcut

iOS has a feature and app called Find My iPhone where you can sign into iCloud on another device or use the app to locate the lost iPhone. The website or app will locate the iPhone  within a few feet on a map . It can also have the iPhone make a loud continuous sound, easier to track than calling it over and over. The sound plays despite the ringtone setting or position of the mute switch.

If you still cannot find it, you can remotely lock or wipe the iPhone.

Of course if the phone was mowed, the battery drained,or Find My iPhone was turned off, then this will not work.

I have had good luck buying  used iPhones on Amazon. An unlocked 5s sells for about $125 or so.

Good luck recovering or replaceing your device.

Android has a similar feature.

Carbon sequestered upon request.

Sixacresand

One feature or trait of the iPhone is that when lies in sun and gets hot, it will shut down.  So trying to find it electronically doesn't always work.  It's best to leave it in the truck when in the boat, mowing or in Church.  lesson learned. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Sixacresand

Update:  After 8 days I had time to go back and search for my Iphone.   I raked back clumps of dead Bahia grass and I found It intact In a ditch.  It was in good shape except for dead batteries.  So Glad I don't have to buy another one since they are so expensive.😅

btulloh

HM126

thecfarm

Glad you found it. I just have a cheapy trac phone. I am hard on stuff. Most times I either broke the phone or loose it in the woods.
I left it in the truck once,on,and when I went to get it,it had a meassage that due to the phone being hot,it had shut it off to protect the phone.
I am in the woods alone and the wife wants me to have one so if I get hurt I can call her. A good idea,just never know what could happen.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stoneyacrefarm

Sixacresand,
I buried my phone with my excavator once.
I had a hooded sweatshirt on and it was in the front pocket.
Leaned out to check my depth and it slid out unnoticed.
Got the trench all filled in and couldn't find my phone.
We kept calling it and could bear a faint ring.
Had to dig part of my trench back up to get it.
I keep it in my back pocket now.  :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Thank You Sponsors!