iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a Swinger in Southern Ontario

Started by Mobilesawyer, December 23, 2004, 04:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilesawyer

Hello all:

I just received an email from a potential client in the Hamilton area lookink for a swing mll operator in the area. Here is an excerpt from her email:

My main question is whether you would ever come as far afield as southern Ontario?  That is, Hamilton area?  Are you getting sufficient requests from people in the greater Toronto area to make a trip worthwhile perhaps?  Since so many ash trees are being cut down in the Windsor to Toronto corridor I thought you may be getting ash-related inquiries from southern Ontario?

The trees I'm interested in saving from land fill or simply firewood are:  a black locust tree (58 inches circumference at chest height), and a 75' high pine (50" circumference at chest height) which is devoid of branches (except at the very top) and extremely straight (telephone pole straight), and then another 10 pine trees which range from 50-60' in height but don't have as broad circumferences nor are they as straight.

If anyone can help drop me a line and I will forward contact information

raycon

That black locust would fill a niche boat building/restoration market down here in CT -- never seen black locust that size. Wow.
Lot of stuff..

beenthere

18" dbh is a pretty good locust, but not too out of the ordinary, is it?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

raycon

Sorry about that I skipped the circumference  part and went right to diameter when I read breast height. Yah 18" is not out of the ordinary around here either. I hear stories of  groves of large locust just never see any besides at the naval timber yards. Slabs 4" thick 16" wide 20' long and free of heart. Thats trickery to bring up circumference (lol) and breast height in the same sentence.
Lot of stuff..

leweee

36-24-36 hows that for breast hieght & circumference in one sentence.  ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!