iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 041 problem

Started by jayhdjr, July 23, 2017, 11:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayhdjr

Howdy,

I've picked up a couple 041's in the last couple years, at the time for parts when needed. But neither is that far form being complete and usable. Main problem with both of them is they rev really high from the get go. Start saw up and it's at full throttle with out any pull on the throttle at all. Rebuild the carb on one and still acts the same. Adjusting the carb seems to do nothing till the point it just dies. Ethanol is not the problem either.

Any idea's or suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance, Jay
Logosol M7, Stihl 041, Stihl MS 310, Kubota B26

sawguy21

Check the gaskets under the carburetor, they may be torn and allowing air to enter. Also check the insulator block for cracks.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jayhdjr

Insulator block? Under the carb. ? I don't believe these have one.

Thanks, Jay

blueberrymuzik

Do you have access to the Illustrated Parts List for the 041? If so, it will make locating these parts much easier. If not, let me know and I will forward a copy to you.

jayhdjr

I don't have the parts list. It would be great if you could forward it. Thanks, Jay

blueberrymuzik

Please send me your email address, and I will send you the IPL.

blueberrymuzik

Did you receive the IPL? This should make it easy to see how the carburetion system is assembled.

jayhdjr

Yep, I got it. Thanks again, Jay

jayhdjr

Got around to looking in to this again today. Insulator block is fine, but that gasket under it isn't. So I'll have to get a few of them. Looks like the same gasket in 2 spots for 2 saws. I should have looked while I had it apart, but what is the second hose for? Just a return line or ? How do you guys seal your gaskets ? I usually use a little oil.

Thanks, Jay

Thank You Sponsors!