iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AWFS

Started by tule peak timber, July 17, 2017, 09:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

I'm leaving tomorrow for Las Vegas, anyone else going ? Really looking forward to the show.
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Crusarius

I don't get to go since I got out of the architectural woodworking field. I used to be big with Microvellum training and setups. Now I do destructive testing in an automotive solenoid and valve company.

tule peak timber

A great place to learn !

muggs

Try to get to Fremont Street at night, it is an eye opener.   8)   Muggs

tule peak timber

Absolutely, open bar cocktails, girls with feathers,and the biggest TV screen in the world all in the warm night air.  :) :D ;) ;D :o 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

tule peak timber

Just got back from the show

This is a giant carved octopus at G&L Veneers booth that I found interesting 

The beautiful interior at Benehanas....
    I made  a lot of new contacts, refreshed the old ones, and got to speak with the principals at most of the company's displaying. Cut some new deals on finishes and hardware to keep things moving forward at home.Did not buy any big machines but spent a lot on European tools and tooling.
   For me, last night was the highlight of the trip by far. I was seated for dinner at an upscale, crowded bar , when the manager jammed two EXTREMELY attractive ladies in next to me. I accused one of them to look a lot like Sienna Miller, whom  she was not , but she did let on to who she was .TV, movies, Video, countless ads and posters,  lots of magazines, Miss this , Miss that , anyway you get the picture.
  The three of us spent hours talking politics, religion, the economy,and business. We shared dinner, wine, and cocktails for an unreal evening. Never expected this in Las Vegas  :)

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: tule peak timber on July 17, 2017, 05:57:08 PM
Absolutely, open bar cocktails, girls with feathers,and the biggest TV screen in the world all in the warm night air.  :) :D ;) ;D :o 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Glad you had a good trip. The comment about the girls with feathers and such reminded me of my wife and my trip to Thailand a few years back. The ladyboy shows were the thing that surprised her the most. They were actually very well done and professionally done. The thing that struck me as the prettiest ladies in Thailand often weren't... I'd be cautious around them tall women with feathers. You could be in for a surprise.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

drobertson

Contacts friends, warm summer evenings and good deals! Sounds like a perfect combo
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

tule peak timber

I always seem to get something unexpected from a big show like AWFS. This year was new tools , new door hardware, and a sales contact in Texas.  Sales reps from some of the finishing company's will start visiting my shop next week with their new products. Thursday I'm taking my crew to a FessTool show which will be good for them.Anyway it was good to get out of the sawdust for a couple of days..... :)

Thank You Sponsors!