iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill build question

Started by BigZ La, July 16, 2017, 09:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigZ La

Sorry to keep bothering everyone with questions but I have another opportunity to get closer to a sawmill build. A friend has a Kubota motor with a pto clutch attached. Twin disc pto. Motor does not run but pto clutch will fit one of my running motors. Would it be a good idea to pick this up for my drive motor to run the blade?  Thanks for any help.

Ljohnsaw

Is it a clutch or just an engage type lever?  That is, can you engage it while the drive shaft is spinning or does it grind?  If it is a true clutch then I'd say grab it!

There have been a sudden rash of sawmill build threads.  If you have already started one, you should keep all the questions in one place.  Makes it easier for others to follow and, in the future, other new guys to see the whole story.  Don't mean to sound snarky, JMHO
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

BigZ La

It is a clutch. I haven't started a sawmill build yet, I'm just trying to decide just what I want to build and when opportunity presents itself acquire the parts that's best used. I was wondering if this would be good to use or maybe just overkill or I would have problems using.

Thank You Sponsors!