iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oklahoma sawmills

Started by SFires, July 16, 2017, 01:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFires

So I've been looking around quite a bit and noticed there doesn't seem to be a lot of mills in Oklahoma or am I just not looking in the right places. Anybody on here sell timber to any Oklahoma mills?
A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

paul case

I am in Oklahoma, but on the MO line in the ne corner of the state and I get more logs from MO than anywhere else.
I am way too far from you. I know of a mill at spavinaw that buys logs, but thats about it for me in OK.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

SFires

Ok.  Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know the name of it or have the contact info for it?  It's a little bit of a drive but it just so happens I usually have to make a trip up that way several times a month so wouldn't hurt to look into it.
A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

paul case

2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

SFires

Thank you.  I really was hoping there'd be more mills. Sad Oklahoma doesn't have a better timber market there's lots of nice hardwood stands around just seems like nobody really cares about timber around here

280 rem

There is ( or was anyway) a mill at Henryetta Ok. There are probably a few mills just into the Arkansas side scattered from north to south. Think there is a mill around stillwell maybe.
We saw walnut lumber for the same reason Willie Sutton said he robbed banks, "because that's where the money is"

Select 4221E, baker edger, cat 908 loader, Jd 548E, timberjack 230d, hood 7000 loader.

BattleChops

There is also a sawmill in Jones, just northeast of OKC. 

Candlex

I joined the forums to comment.

Theres also a sawmill in shawnee, but i remember reading they got robbed.

I still have a lot of reading to do and pick a machine, but hopefully ill be number 3 in the okc area. I just got a bunch of old hay equipment this tax season so i have to wait til spring.

I just hope i can saw instead of split all these trees my dozer guy pushed over. So sad to see all our wood piled and burned everywhere. Which is why i'm here.

paul case

Welcome to the forestry forum Candlex.

PC
pc

Thank You Sponsors!