iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 15 Wide full alignment because of vibration and cupped cut

Started by Woodslabs, May 12, 2021, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodslabs

So In the fall i was having a lot of vibration and a cup in the cut and i decided to get new blade guide rollers and new belts for the wheels.  It didnt solve the issue and i gave up for the season as it was getting cold.

So I'm doing a full alignment to try to solve this issue.  I took the blade guides off and am checking the tilt of the blade wheels.  The driver (battery side) is fine.  

However the tension side wheel is 1/8th lower than the other wheel on both sides (so its not a tilt issue).  Do you guys know if this is normal or should both wheels be at the same height?

If you guys have any questions or need pictures to clarify please let me know. 
check out www.woodslabs.ca

ladylake

I dont know about the vibration but to get rid of the cupped cut try a lower hook angle.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

booman

Did you check for sawdust buildup beneath the B57 belt?
2019 LT15G25WIDE, 2013 LT35HDG25, Stihl MS880 with 59" bar with Alaskan sawmill attachment.  John Deere 5045 tractor with forks, bucket and grapple.  Many chainsaws.

Machinebuilder

There is a procedure in the manual to adjust that.

its the guides on the drive side column.  I didn't need to adjust them.

On my 2002 LT15 the manual calls for even measurement to the bunks.
I think on the newer machines they call for a difference, maybe 1/16, but Im not sure if its higher or lower.

The measurement is done with the roller guides loose.
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

booman

The reason I say to check for sawdust under the B57 belt is because I had the same problem with my LT15Wide, not that the model of sawmill makes any difference.  I was re sawing pine beams and the sawdust would build clumps under the B57 belt and raise it up a little in spots.  Every time that high spot would come into contact with the blade it would set up a vibration.  Very simple fix, just clean out the sawdust under the belt.

Just saying.
2019 LT15G25WIDE, 2013 LT35HDG25, Stihl MS880 with 59" bar with Alaskan sawmill attachment.  John Deere 5045 tractor with forks, bucket and grapple.  Many chainsaws.

offrink

To me it sounds like the vibration is either sawdust build up somewhere or a chunk missing off of a belt. After every day of cutting I blow off the sawmill with an air compressor. 

booman

Thank You Sponsors!