iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody got a spare room?

Started by bushmechanic, July 15, 2017, 04:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmechanic

I figures that I'm soon going to be divorced if I keep buying old skidders and I may need a place to stay! :D Picked up this little gem today for next to nothing, $2500. Everything works on it too... bonus! Two new tires in the front, only downfall it has a 172 Ford diesel :'( but I have another 353 in parts in the garage. All I had to do to get it going was fix the starter and weld the exhaust. It's a C3 Tree farmer hopefully I can get it home soon.

coxy

sweet  8) 8) if you have to sell something sell the dodge  :D :D

thecfarm

I don't have a spare room,but I have some spare room to keep some equipment.   ;D As long as I can use it.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

whitepine2

Heck for that money I'd buy it and I don't even need one. $2500
is not much I just paid $500 for a good lawn mower so why not even
if it's just to play around with I'd get that much out of it.

Have fun playing around with it! 8)

lopet

Good deal !!  8)     Know your feelings about pushing things, I am in the same boat.  While sweet talking has worked for me in the past, there is no guarantee it will work in the future.
If think the bigger problem is running out of time, almost have to retire from my real job and become a full time tinkerer.  :D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

bushmechanic

My honey is pretty good I got to say. I bought this one to replace my old TJ 201 for plowing snow as I'm going to give the TJ to my son. He has his own place now with a very steep driveway and needs to have something to plow with and I'd like for him to have the one with brakes. I hear you lopet as I don't have much time for this working for a living with so many projects on the go! Awww come on coxy sell the Dodge :o 

coxy

Quote from: bushmechanic on July 16, 2017, 10:58:13 AM
My honey is pretty good I got to say. I bought this one to replace my old TJ 201 for plowing snow as I'm going to give the TJ to my son. He has his own place now with a very steep driveway and needs to have something to plow with and I'd like for him to have the one with brakes. I hear you lopet as I don't have much time for this working for a living with so many projects on the go! Awww come on coxy sell the Dodge :o
:D :D  I have one to it sets on the lift in my buddys shop more than I drive it  the electrical gremlins wont leave it alone  ;D

4x4American

Heck yea I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
Boy, back in my day..

Puffergas

It has too much paint left on it for that kind of money ! Nice..

I was going to plow snow with my 225 this winter. Do you just use the blade that is on the skidder ? Of course keeping it a wee bit off the ground.

Keep iron hunting.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

coxy

Stoneyacrefarm

Bushmechanic,
We've got a spare room for you down our way.
You just have to bring some of your cool toys with you.
Heck. You can even bring the dodge.  8) 8) 8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

coxy

aww finely found another dodge guy  :D :D

Stoneyacrefarm

Heck no!!
He's got too many other cool toys to not let a dodge park in my yard.   :D :D :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

bushmechanic

Oh you guy's just cracks me up! Puffergas it freezes that hard here in the winter that you can just drop the blade and take the weight of the machine and plow on. Only time I lift it is in the spring when we get snow and the ground is thawed. Yes I only use the machines blade but I think I will extend the C3 blade, it looks narrow.

4x4American

Quote from: coxy on July 17, 2017, 12:34:37 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on July 16, 2017, 06:25:19 PM
Heck yea I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
what the dodge  :D 8)
I'd only buy the Dodge if the tow mirrors were flipped up  :D
Boy, back in my day..

coxy

they will be flipped up after it goes through the crusher  :D :-X

reedco

Make sure she's (wife ) when you sell it!
Not many trees

reedco

That didn't make sense.  in it
Not many trees

Puffergas

Thanks Bushmechanic, I would rather just use the blade that is on it. I'll have to keep it up a bit in the fall also, but it sounds like in winter it will be drop and go.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

OH logger

heck I may have to RENT you a room if it keeps rainin here!! to wet to work and rain comin  >:(
john

Thank You Sponsors!