iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Uprooting four trees at same time (video)

Started by 123maxbars, July 13, 2017, 01:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHP Logging

Quote from: 123maxbars on July 15, 2017, 12:54:33 PM
Have been away from the pc the last day while this post/thread has turned into wrestlemania,

I talked to my friends, (the loggers in the video) and they stated this was a clear cut job so all the timber has to come down.

I appreciate the constructive advice given on this thread and will pass it along. 

This happened and happens in the woods with different loggers in the world everyday. In this instance it was just captured on video by a sawyer that makes videos in
his spare time. 

I would more than wager that if you critics (those that get upset and name call/label etc)  here had a camera showing their bad days that the response would be the same. And in contrast like I have, they would learn and see their short comings if seen from another set of  eyes, this eye being a camera. I would encourage those people to grab a camera and put their selves out there like these guys did.  However for the most part it resulted in only to have egg thrown in their faces. 

Instead of replies lets see your work on video.

I did. It's called "advanced falling cuts" I believe. I posted many videos and pictures of a number of different cuts on how to save out timber. I lost steam on it because of lack of interest. Too many guys set in their ways of bore cutting everything they come across. So I gave up. That and I don't have all the time in the world to make videos with my buisness to keep afloat and a wife and five kids to feed.

It would have been nice to know a little job history with the video. So if this was a clearcut and they were within the boundary lines of it, why did they have to attempt to pull anything? I don't think it's wrong to point out mistakes especially in the woods. It's not a judgement of their character or work ethic. It's the simple fact that they didn't seem to know better. Maybe they do. And maybe they shouldnt have videos posted of their screw ups.
Buckin in the woods

RHP Logging

Quote from: Jeff on July 15, 2017, 02:40:12 PM
Quote from: RHP Logging on July 15, 2017, 12:46:26 PM
Wow this got edited a little. Ya know there's keeping a standard and then there's outright censorship to paint a prettier picture of the truth. That's a big reason why this site bothers me. I'm sure this will be gone too.  Not even sure why some quotes had to be removed. How does one guy know I'm talking to him?

Ive not been on today, so I don't know what is going on, but listen to me now and listen to me close. You know the rules here. If an admin remove language or did an edit, it was because you crossed the lines of conduct that we drew long ago. If you want to say censorship to me, you are on the verge of getting yourself a new place to visit.  THIS IS MY PRIVATE PROPERTY. You are here because I allow it. There is no freedom of speech here, there is only the line of conduct I draw, just like I do at my front door.  You visit my home and try to cross the lines of conduct that you will learn exists by simply being my guest and you will find yourself bounced out into the street with a knot on your head.   
Like I said, I have no idea what was posted, and at this point I don't care, because that word censor you decided to use just negated anything else I might have been concerned with. If this site bothers you, you just let me know again, because you have a choice, and so do I.

Maybe you should figure out what's going on here Jeff before you start spouting off at me. I didn't break any rules, but there were qoutes that I qouted which got deleted and they didn't break the rules either. Now my responses don't make a whole lot of sense. I could honestly give a crap if you kicked me out of here. It would be a loss to your site really. I'm one of about 3 other guys on here who knows how to cut timber without holding the gol manual in their hand. I don't post a lot and the reason is I feel like it's wrong to disagree with anyone on here. You've got this forum strung so tight that if it's not all positive reinforcement it must be wrong and therefore deleted. No one got personal in this thread with other members. One guy swore and his post was deleted. That's it. Thats all. A few guys disagree on how a situation was handled in the woods and it's lights out, game over.  Nothing can be gained in constant agreement. Yes men never make it anywhere in life. The woods is a hard place where death can come with a simple mistake and it takes hard stubborn men to work there.  Now you can tell me how you've worked in the wood buisness and this you place and your rules and I can get out if u want to, etc. What does anyone gain by that? If I had said nothing and some guy reads this thread and follows suit with what the guys did in the video and gets killed is that ok then? As long as everyone on here agreed and sang Kumbaya when the thread was over? I didn't break any rules Jeff. Just another thread that went sideways due to mismanagement.
Buckin in the woods

Jeff

I don't care what is going on past your comments regarding censorship and not liking this place, can you not read? I've got no issues with the different views within the topic, and neither did the admin that had to step in. It was the breaking of the no profanity rule, then the repeated quoting of the post containing the profanity.

You don't care if you are kicked off? Then leave by yourself and don't waste my time. Your loss will be nothing to us. NOTHING. Should I start a poll?  I've already had a few PM's urging me to cancel your check buddy. If you want to throw away this resource, fine, no skin off my game, but really, in all sincereness, yer really not all that. You just proved you are just a logger with a keyboard that thinks they are gods gift to the Forest Products industry.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thechknhwk

mike_belben

My bad guys i didnt even think about it.  Have been trying to tame my potty mouth since the marine corps.  Sorry, wont happen again.
Praise The Lord

so il logger

Dang, wish I'd have checked in here this morning so id know what was said after my 2 cents. Taking my kids to the lake was a little more important. I production log for a living, don't have all the mechanization like some guys in the lil poles.

My first take of this thread was some idiot wasted some young save trees. I'm not for that, but if it was a clear cut to each his own. Still makes no sense to me why they would be pulling them over unless it was a boundary.

I get what rhp is saying,  not many of us around. Pretty sad day when this place is more than happy to see actual real world hand fallers gone.

I'll be signing off and not signing back on. Guess my knowledge of logging isn't a valuable commodity at the forestry forum.

Haven't been around much for awhile, I've been logging and gaining knowledge. I'll keep my experiences to myself and close friends

Good luck all

so il logger

This is a white oak. Cut it this past thursday, been on a tract that bordered an ameren 138k volt cross country power line. It leaned hard toward it, I wasn't willing to risk the life of my skidder op by putting a cable on it to pull it over. My experience put that white oak on the ground safely without damaging any save trees. Sure I was nervous as all get out. But I could have ran if things went south. Skidder would have burnt with my good friend in it if things went bad with him cabled to it.

But that's real life and probably don't belong here.

so il logger

coxy

Quote from: RHP LoggingI'm one of about 3 other guys on here who knows how to cut timber without holding the gol manual in their hand.

so if I'm reading this right if you took the gol you don't know anything about cutting timber  and out of thousands of us that cut timber your saying only about 4 of you do it right and the rest are all wrong  ???   for the record I never took the gol but don't look down on the people that have

WDH

RHP,

The post that was deleted had nothing to do with anything that you commented on and had nothing to do with any of the feedback that you offered.  Yet, you took offense because of your perceived censorship that was totally unrelated to your posts.  Maybe censorship was your real agenda, but on that count, you are out of luck because you have no right of ownership with this Forum property that someone else owns and pays for.  But you do have one right, here.  The right of free will.  You can choose, and that is what makes America great.  Free will.  The freedom to contribute your knowledge and experience, or not.  Step back and think about it for a minute.  Jeff's comments had nothing to do with knowledge, experience, or lack of appreciation of the "real world".  They were aimed at your comments about your dislike of this place because of your view of censorship. 

so il logger,

You make the statement that your knowledge is not a valuable commodity on this Forum?  Really?  How do you come to that conclusion because an inappropriate post was deleted that had absolutely nothing to do with you or anything to do with your knowledge and experience?  Also, your allusion that the poster, whose post was deleted, was on meth, what has that got to do with your knowledge and experience with logging? You seem to have already exercised your choice of free will to leave this place, and if so, then that is your right. 

My reason for making this post is to point out to others who did not see the deleted post, or follow the stream of comments that followed, that there is no persecution here, or that there is no lack of appreciation of the "real world", or that there is no lack of appreciation for knowledge and experience in logging.  That is my opinion, and if others do not agree with it, then that is their free will, too.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

mike_belben

Theres seems to be some confusion here.  My comment was that where those gentlemen were cutting timber is a meth infested region where many people choose not to work at all, its the ugly side of appalachian culture.. Yet they were working and we shouldnt criticize their bad day.  errors or not, atleast they went to work.  Pros flip machines and get killed too.. Just when you think youre the man and know it all, the Lord tends to humble us with a big booboo.

Im glad they chose to work that day and im glad they made it home to try again tomorrow.  I didnt think this was controversial, but i have had quite a few of posts deleted in my short time here.  I will read the rules again but i thought i was walking within the lines and that loggers were thick skinned?  Lotta egg shells here.
Praise The Lord

lopet

Come on guys, there is no reason for anyone to leave !
I  have learned to stay out of discussions like that, because they always seem to turn out that way.  There are always  different ways to take down a tree and so be it.  One way which looks like the right way for one person, may look like the wrong way to be for another.

I am with RHP even if he's a little low with his number of fallers here. Don't really matter, I always liked his videos even without replying.  Just too lazy.

I agree with others , if it was a clear cut it doesn't make sense for the way it was done. But again , we don't know all the circumstances.

Btw my above comment was meant as a reply to teakwood's video.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Jeff

Quote from: mike_belben on July 16, 2017, 11:10:00 AM
.  I didnt think this was controversial, but i have had quite a few of posts deleted in my short time here.  I will read the rules again but i thought i was walking within the lines and that loggers were thick skinned?  Lotta egg shells here.

That is absolutely untrue, and for those of you that think they can just tell stories and get away with it, let me tell you. We actually don't delete anything. When we delete, or when you delete, it actually only removes it from your view and it goes to a place called the back 40.   I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you are only mistaken, and not telling tales. Perhaps you hit the preview button a few times when you think you hit post, only to come back and find that your post was not there.  That's your mistake not ours.

Now, the truth about your "quite a few posts deleted"

Removed because it was untrue, that there was no problem with the moderator

Quote from: mike_belben on July 14, 2017, 11:48:20 PM
I know two. 

Should probably unquote me.  Im not popular with the moderator apparently.

Removed for the suedo profanity and because you lumped everyone in Appalachia into a negative light when we have many members from there, so not going to fly. Post gone.  THAT'S TWO.
Quote from: mike_belben on July 14, 2017, 11:08:22 PM
Big deal, EDITED happens. 

Spend a lifetime being careful on the job, die of a stroke on your couch. 

Within 5 miles or so of that site, theres a leaky singlewide full of trash that quit hollerin about 3am, woke up at noon, cooked up another batch of meth, shot up, drove an uninsured truck on a suspended license to walmart, traded EBT goods and some stolen odds and ends for a carton of smokes with someone they probably already owe thousands to.. You get the picture.  Welcome to Appalachia.

Yet here we are on our high horses cutting down some folks who went to work today for one little mistake.  Shame on us i say.

Those both from yesterday.

And guess what, one other post was ever deleted out of your time here and that was because of the political commentary that is only allowed in the restricted topics board. GONE.
Quote from: mike_belben on May 04, 2017, 10:09:41 PM
It does if you realize that the battle between capitalism and communism never ended. That communism faked its own death in 1991....  (AND SO ON... ADMIN...)

We also have admin logs and moderator logs. We know who deleted, who edited, what it was, and when it was be it an admin, a moderator, or a member. We are covered when ever we need to reference something.

treeslayer2003

i'm not getting into any argument and i did not watch the vid.
i will say this, it seems like we all argue over which falling style is best and in my view that is the wrong way to be.
most of you don't know, RHP started out with GOL and changed to western style directional falling. i did the same thing only i was a southern style stump jumper [slick stump] my point is, we can all learn from each other if we just pay attention instead of arguing.
as to the thing about leave trees......understand that in some locals there are alot of trash trees we don't care if are broken. and in some places clear cut is the norm. even though i don't always agree. again, my post here is not for an argument, only an effort to try and get folks to think differently than they may be used to.
and i hate to see any one leave. there is a diverse group here that seem to not be any where else.

Chop Shop

I didn't think there was logging outside of the PNW and BC.   cut_tree

I always thought there was just brush bandits and firewoo farms over yonder to the east of here!   

smile_banjoman

Lumberjohn

What I wanna know is who are the only other 2 people on here that know how to cut timber?

mike_belben

Quote from: Jeff on July 16, 2017, 12:05:03 PM
Quote from: mike_belben on July 16, 2017, 11:10:00 AM
i have had quite a few of posts deleted in my short time here. 

That is absolutely untrue,

I know about moderator logs and am not spinning fairy tales and saying some fake number.. I said quite a few. The political one.. Two in here and i thought there was one about DOT that got deleted as well but i may be mistaken. Ive been on forums for atleast 15 years and hardly recall ever being edited.. So In my opinion for the short time ive been here thats pretty heavy moderation.  If im not allowed to say so then youre making the point pretty clearly for me.  Im not out to disrespect you, and i like your forum.  Thank you for creating it and allowing me access. 

I live in the heart of appalachia and love it.  I didnt mean to imply everyone was rotten at all.. 90% of people are great.  However i do live in reality.. And theres way more than 1 meth family per 5 miles.  Anyone who lives in the rural south will tell you so.  Its ruined a lot of good homes.
Praise The Lord

Jeff

99% of people in this forum have never had a post touched. Quit making out like this forum is about censorship. If a post is ever touched, it is because the poster violated one of the few rules we have.

1= quite a few. Yea, okay.

Thank You Sponsors!