iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anxiety bad nerves

Started by bigred1951, July 12, 2017, 04:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

You have to be able to eat right and think right to be any good for anyone else.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WH_Conley

The last couple of weeks would just be the "Icing on the Cake". They would be bad enough, but following an extended bout of working with prisoners like that it would just top it off. I have worked with them before and know the type you had over there. The constant being on your toes will take a toll off of anybody. Good luck with the Stave Mill.
Bill

Bruno of NH

Good luck with the new job
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

tree-farmer

As you can see you are not alone, I get stressed in crowds to the point that I do all I can to avoid them. Colstrphobic to the extreme. Cannot explain it or think it away, just learn to work around it. Not so bad outdoors, but being in crowded resturant is a real trial. Have to sit with back to wall to make it tolerable. Wife is understanding most of the time.
Forget flying in one of those crowd killers....
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

sandhills

I have anxiety issues as well but my wife has panic attacks.  One thing she will do if I'm not around is write the names of us and our kids over and over or draw things to keep her mind off of it, normally I'm home to be there and talk her through them but I do work late a lot farming.  You're not alone by any means and the main thing I've noticed with her is stress is the main culprit that brings it on.

coxy

you are right that's what brings mine on and being self employed DOES NOT HELP  :)

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

bigred1951

so far so good. New job is going pretty good really boring but right now I like boring. Nobody watching over me, no screaming and yelling and no worrying just do my one round a hour which takes about 10 minutes depends on how slow I walk then just sit around and watch and enjoy being outside. If I get hot I go inside and sit down and watch out the window. I don't think this will be a lasting job for years it was just the first chance I had to get out of the stress and I took and so far it was well worth it. Ended up only losing about $50 on my checks and I'm saving that in gas driving 20 minutes round trip a day now compared to the hour and a half round trip I was making.

Downstream

If anyone has this type of situation and wants to understand it better along with a number of drug free methods to handle I can highly recommend "The Good News about Panic, Anxiety and Phobias" book.  Been around for awhile but still a great resource.  It was recommended by the Mayo Clinic.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

square1

Congrats on your move. I know several current and retired prison guards. The one thing they all have in xommon is a desire to not be a prison guard. It is a tough, tough job.
I don't wish to put a damper on your better disposition but you have removed a trigger while the underlying cause remains. Please continue to seek help from thise qualified to provide it.
In my case it's genetic. Dad suffered with it as did his dad, myself and one sibling (maybe 2, another exhibits symptoms but wont get help) experience panic over minor issues as do several of our next generation (sons, daughters , nieces,  nephews).
One thing is very obvious, those getting help (doesn't need to be drugs) are fairing much better than thise going it alone.
Best wishes.

Thank You Sponsors!