iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Setworks Project...your input is requested

Started by Ga Mtn Man, July 11, 2017, 01:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

Sorry Danny, didn't mean to scare anyone.  I sometimes forget just how intimidating I can be. ::) 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on July 19, 2017, 09:48:12 AM
"If"!  Do you doubt me sir?  :snowball:

Talk about putting somebody in "Goat Mode".  :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

4x4American

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 19, 2017, 04:20:37 PM
Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on July 19, 2017, 09:48:12 AM
"If"!  Do you doubt me sir?  :snowball:

Talk about putting somebody in "Goat Mode".  :D :D :D :D :D

Goat Mode is a trademark pending term so don't be using it too loosely otherwise I might could charge ya for it lol
Boy, back in my day..

JB Griffin

Ga, whats the setworks reading off of to know where the bed is, the dro?
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Darrel

"Two inches per second"

That's the same speed at which your coffee drops after you swallow it in the morning!  :laugh:

No doubt! :D :D :D
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

D6c

Quote from: JB Griffin on July 19, 2017, 10:13:30 PM
Ga, whats the setworks reading off of to know where the bed is, the dro?

I was wondering the same thing....how do you "home" the vertical position on start up?  Is there a limit switch at the bottom of the travel like on a machine tool?....drop down to the limit switch and then continue to a set point on the encoder?

Ga Mtn Man

Sorry 4x4, you were too late trademarking "Goat Mode".  I checked the ofishial govment website and you were no where to be found.  So it is mine.  GOAT MODE coming to a setworks near you.  Video to follow  ;D.

JB & D6c--  The blade position routine tracks the blade by counting encoder revolutions (full and partial revs), adding and subtracting as the head moves up and down.  There is a "Calibrate Blade Height" function similar to the Accuset2...move the blade to 10" (I chose 10 instead of 12 cuz the math is easier :laugh:) and press and hold the secret button.  The encoder count is then reset to the correct rev count for 10", which is the encoder gear ratio x 10" (10.640 x 10 = 106.400revs) .  There is an interrupt routine that is triggered on power-down that saves the current blade position to EEPROM.  This saved value is reloaded into the blade height variable on power-up, so the blade position is retained .  In theory the blade height should never have to calibrated again after the first time.  In theory.   

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

hackberry jake

How does it save to eeprom if power is lost?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Ga Mtn Man

When the +12V supply falls below a certain level, the interrupt is tripped, giving a short window to save the values before the +5V (LDO) regulator drops out. 

hackberry jake

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on July 21, 2017, 02:14:42 PM
When the +12V supply falls below a certain level, the interrupt is tripped, giving a short window to save the values before the +5V (LDO) regulator drops out. 
I wish I would have thought of that. I programmed mine to save to eeprom after every command. And eeprom has a limited read/write life, so your way is much better.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

slider

Intimidating,yes you are Paul like you were at the first project but after this i think i will just sit in the truck at the next project.
al glenn

Ga Mtn Man

You must be thinking of someone else Al.  As I recall it, I stayed off to the side the whole time, afraid someone would figure out I had no business being there amongst the real sawyers. :-\

slider

Dang if i had known that i would have introduced my self sooner.we would have fit right in.
al glenn

4x4American

Oh Paul I remember you blasting down Jakes drive with your sawmill lettering all over your pickup like you owned the joint lol lol
Boy, back in my day..

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jovol

Hey GMM, this is pretty dang cool! Do you have any plans to sell your work/make it available to members?
Thanks, John
2017 LT50 wide, stihl ms362 & ms660, echo cs7310, Logrite fetching arch, 2000 New Holland LS180, Ford 6.0, kubota L48, kubota KH-70, Ford F800 8.3

Southside

Make that two requests - I would love to put this on my 35.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ga Mtn Man

Sorry guys, I somehow missed this topic popping back up.  I do plan on selling this and really thought I'd have a production version ready to go long before now, but life has gotten in the way of my plans.  Soon... ::)

On the plus side, my 18-month alpha test has shown the device to be very reliable.  :)

MikeySP

Could this be installed on an older mill or does it require the factory setworks? 

I am looking at a 1993 LT40HD and I spoke with Woodmizer this morning and they said I will not be able to put setworks on it. 

-Mike

Ga Mtn Man

Sorry, no.  It is intended only as an after-market upgrade to existing WM SimpleSet systems.

Ga Mtn Man

Jeff-  I hope I haven't crossed any lines regarding marketing with my last couple of posts.  If I have please let me know.

Thank You Sponsors!