iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We Got Snow!!

Started by Kevin_H., December 22, 2004, 06:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

Did any of you missouri guy's get any of this?

Weather man say's we got about 3 inches and should get another 3 this afternoon...

Here's a pic of the truck loaded with pallets and deck boards, Gotta run to jackson this morning

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas  :P
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

GF

Its snowing here in central Oklahoma this morning, and temps are dropping.  Guess I will be working in the shop this weekend where its warm.

MULE_MAN

Well I'm here in Central Missouri and as right now the snow hasn't
hit us, But I understand that southern Missouri does have snow  ::)

The low for today is to be 6  & wind chill of zero !!!   :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

OneWithWood

Well we are getting plastered :o

8 inches on the ground and more coming down.  We are expecting about a foot of the durned stuff. :(

Hope it is gone by Sunday :P :P :P :P :P :P
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Timber_Framer

He he, don't complain boys, I got 24" and was -30°F with the wind chill when I went to check on the chickens this morning!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Tom_in_Mo.

Yea, we got about 3 inches here at Ellington. Temp is about
16 degrees. I have one cow left to calve anytime and it will probably be tonight for it is suppose to get down to about 5 above and the wind chill will be   "who knows"
Colder than a well digger's belt buckle.

Kevin_H.

Well, we just got back from jackson, a trip that normally takes 3 hrs took about 5...interstate 55 from perryville was nasty, most of the time you couldnt see any of the painted lines...

The further south we got the worse it was, Depending on who ya listen too we should get another 3"-5" starting somewhere after 3pm...

Hey timber framer, at 24" and -30 Dem chickens would be fending for themself's ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

SwampDonkey

Our temps have been going like a yoyo lately. Yesterday was 0 F, today 30 F, tommorrow rain, then friday night frigid again. Same thing temperature wise last week, but snow flurries. We have about 4 inches of snow and not that hard of walking. Just came from the woodlot an hour ago. Seen lotsa coyote, moose and fox tracks and yes my bear is still not to den yet as I seen some fresh tracks no more than a day old. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawyerkirk

We got about 12 here in Haubstadt, IN expecting another 4-6 tonight. I really don't like snow...at all. nope, not at all. Took the loader and a pack of lumber to smooth the mile stretch to the main road, right brake froze up about 10 yards from the main road, amazing how quick one can do a donut in the middle of the road when that happens. Merry Christmas y'all.

Grawulf

Ohio checkin' in - we've got 5" on the ground and it's not supposed to let up until about 11:00 tomorrow morn. This is awesome  :)  I'm dreaming of a white Christmas  ;D Time to go ride the 4-wheeler - pull my son around on the sawser - sascer - sauser - sawzer -sauszer - awwww pull him around on the sled!

GF

Sawyerkirk,
    Were you getting a little bit dizzy?  :D

sawyerkirk

Wife was watching out the front door, laughing probably. I drove in the lowest possible crawling gear, with one hand pulling with all my might the lever that engages both wheels, while hoping the load didn't shift any further to the left and slide off the forks, (it did) it was rather comical now that I am setting in front of the fire in the office stove. Did I mention I hate snow?

jimbo

:) well well  as of now we only have  rain  and forcast for posable 2 in bye the end of it  some of you foke have all the luck lol ???

jimbo in Lexington Ky

Woodcarver

Saturday the forcasters were saying there was no significant snow in sight.  Monday we got 6 inches. Monday night they said it was ending.  Tuesday morning it was snowing. About another inch.

High today was about 5 F. Tomorrow is predicted to be about the same. I guess the solstice did bring winter. 8)  
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Faron

We had a good 12" when I came in just after dark.  The weatherbug says the heaviest snowfall will be in a line from Johnson Co IL to us here in Pike Co, IN.  How fortunate!  Could get another 10" tonight.  Moderate snowfall right now.  Anybody remember the blizzard of "78?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Grawulf

Ahhh Yes - the blizzard of '78  :o . We had a Nickles Backery truck driver and an elderly couple spend two days with us. Lived on a main road that had 4" ice and then 16" of snow on top of that. About 12 miles away, a semi became completely covered over with a drift.  :o The driver stayed alive by eating snow and keeping a breathing hole open above his window. The elderly man that stayed with us had a heart condition and hadn't brought his medicine. Made for a very memorable time! Update from this afternoon - we have approx. 14" now and white-out conditions. Good thing we just got a new supply of grits.  ;D

Faron

It was a toughie, all right!  We had sows 5 miles from the home farm.  Left about noon to get all the sows that were close to pigging.  My Dad took them in a trailer behind a farm tractor home while my brother and I got straw to bed houses that had wet bedding due to snow drifting in.  We were afraid to get a tractor out because we figured we would hang it up out there, so we parked in the middle of the highway and unloaded straw onto a sled made from a sheet of barn siding metal. Tied a rope to it and the two of us towed sledloads of straw across the field.  Got done about dark, and realized there was no way we were going to get our pickup home.  We were preparing to spend the night in a hoghouse when Dad showed up again with that tractor  ;Dand a blade.  We parked the truck and rode home on the tractor. We were the last vehicle through that road , and we just did get through. Ahh, those were the days! ;D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

sawyerkirk

It appears we got a more snow last night but I really can't tell, we had heavy winds all night, huge drifts. Not sure the loader will open the drive today. Would really suck to hang the loader up in the middle of the road. Think I'll set in the office by the fire for a while, well most of the day. Maybe I'll get started on my taxes. (sorry for using that word in a public forum) Kirk

SwampDonkey

Well, ermm....we gots rain and fog.  :-/ But, at least it's mild. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patty

Report from Iowa.....we got just a dusting of snow here on Monday.It came down pretty good there for awhile.  

Our buyer went in the ditch with a load of wood about 5 miles from our house. He said he just kept right on driving...through the ditch, through the field, and back out onto the highway!

Now it is just REAL cold, when I checked this morning it was -1 lonely little degree out there, and the wind is howling. I don't even look at wind chills on days like this, it is too depressing!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

beetle

WHAT A MESS !

A blizzard yesterday that dropped a good 10", pouring down rain this morning and the temp is to drop tonight to 0.

Good ol Cleveland
Too many hobbies...not enough time.

Percy

Sounds like you Yanks/Rebs are gonna get a good one today. Im just  havin the morning coffee listening to the news on the radio and they said from New Mexico to the Canadian border is gonna be a nasty day. In the east,Toronto, Detroit, area, they already got a bunch of snow and more expected. Freezing rain(nasty stuff) in Cleveland. Be safe....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

redpowerd

well it went from allmost thirty below here earlier this week to around freezing now. got about 6 inches of snow last night and its been pouring since 7 this morning, all freezing on. temps are supposed to fall thru the afternoon with winds up to 50 mph! theres gunna be some down trees and i expect some power outages.

if the weather gets nasty ill get some pics, heres the other evening at -23, wanted to get the steam coming out of the barn, no luck

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Kirk_Allen

Well we took a trip to North Little Rock for a wedding Sunday and decided to stay with some friends this week.  

North Little Rock is shut DOWN!  We got about 2 hours of freezing rain followed by 4 inches.  With no plows, salt or sand trucks this community is shut down like I have never seen before.

Called our neighbors back home and we were just north of  the line from yesterdays storm.  Just south of us they got 18 inches and just east of us got 20".  We got three at the farm.

With any luck we will make it back for Christmas.

Thank You Sponsors!