iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dozer tracks

Started by coxy, July 10, 2017, 12:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

what would make the track bushings wear more on one side than the other every thing was new on both sides

redneck

The track could have been too tight on that side OR  I have seen some dozers that worked on the highway doing slopes that traveled the same direction too long and worn one set of chains a little more than the other. 
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

willysjeeps

In addition to the track being to tight, the track spacers could need adjusting such that there is pressure on the bushings.

coxy

ok you got me what are track spacers  ??? ???

Riwaka

The dozer operator always cleaning the mud/ grit out of one side of the dozer tracks better than the other.
http://www.west-trak.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Undercarriage-Handbook-low-res-1.pdf

coxy

the only time it gets cleaned is the winter or if something brakes   I'm the operator  and never had this with any other tracks

willysjeeps

Sorry, the better word is shims, not spacers. They correct the track from tracking from one side to the other which can put pressure on the bushings. They slip in on the track adjuster and need to be checked to see if the track runs one way or the other more. Here is a generic link which shows a pic of the shims.
http://www.epsstore.com/index.php/jd-track-adjusters-gseries.html

woodmaker

Are the sprockets worn equally,or is one worn more than the other?  Were the front idlers replaced at the same time,or is the center "ridge" higher on one or the other?
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

newoodguy78

Just a thought but were the tracks the same brand when you replaced them? Maybe the steel is different quality?

coxy

Quote from: willysjeeps on July 10, 2017, 05:58:00 PM
Sorry, the better word is shims, not spacers. They correct the track from tracking from one side to the other which can put pressure on the bushings. They slip in on the track adjuster and need to be checked to see if the track runs one way or the other more. Here is a generic link which shows a pic of the shims.
http://www.epsstore.com/index.php/jd-track-adjusters-gseries.html
I figured that's what you meant ;D  its like the sprocket grove is different maybe smaller where the bushing rides most of the time if the track is running off it will wear  the side of the links from the sprocket teeth chewing at it

aksawyer

I welded up an old guys under carriage one time the right hand side was way gone.He ran it for about five more years than we put all new parts on.I think it was about six or seven years after that it needed welded up again didn't hand side way gone. We became very curious and after I watched his operations for several days at different locations found that he always sits his loader up at bottom of hills and brings all logs in and turns the dozer left hard and turns up hill to leave. After that I asked why and he said left turns are the beast way to get them close to loader.  He would really make a hard turn to get the big logs turned . I could see the track work hard on all the track rollers. The

mike_belben

Stand back and look down the end of your pads for a curve, see if track frame is bent.

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!