iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New KD150 pic

Started by woodweasel, July 09, 2017, 12:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodweasel

Slowly about to get my KD 150 into production. I purchased it new several months ago, but due to my real job  its taken longer than I wanted to get up and running. I poured a slab along side my shop, then put the building up. Last week got the controller wired. Power gonna get connected this week. Still not finished with inside, but gonna run a test batch of cedar when I get home at the end of the month. So much to learn :o :o Started air drying cedar just to get it inside. 2"x6"s for pool decking 8) 

fishpharmer

Nice clean looking setup.  I am curious what you plan as a finish coat (if anything) for your cedar pool decking?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

woodweasel

I am gonna seal it with some sort of sealer. Plan on spraying each piece, top, bottom, ends. Haven't decided with what just yet. ???

xlogger

I know a guy that use cedar for his daughter's deck and seal it. He said it looks great but everytime it rains you will slip and bust you ***.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

woodweasel

That's good to know, I'll do some research :P

Thank You Sponsors!